Colorized Rare Historical Photos - Amazing

Keith

Very evocative - thanks for sharing. There is so much pain and experience in some of those faces..

In that millennia, smiling was obviously not de rigeur and I imagine the photographs accurately reflect the harshness of their lives & times.

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Very evocative - thanks for sharing. There is so much pain and experience in some of those faces..
In that millennia, smiling was obviously not de rigeur and I imagine the photographs accurately reflect the harshness of their lives & times.

You're very welcome Keith. Thank you and the others for being there to share thoughts, ideas, and inspirational material with.

The faces spoke to me as well.

Your thoughts on the historical character's facial expressions evoked a desire to revisit them. In their time, their friends, family and such might have fancied a smile or grin more than the somber and serious look. Now that so much time has passed, their expressions validate their historic importance and the serious nature of those times and their contributions, for better or worse.

Probably like many others, I've viewed many a quality film of those periods, all of which featured great actors and appropriate sets and locations. The Good,The Bad, and The ugly comes to mind. No matter how real the movies were, seeing the colored versions of the real folk within actual surroundings moved me toward a deeper understanding and greater appreciation.

I haven't a Clue whence your name originated, nor was I aware you are now one of the chosen few who man the controls behind the curtain and the Green Door.

All good things, Robert

Back