Health & Safety? Not in this Shipyard

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
How many violations/fines do you suppose the U.S. EPA could hit that shipyard with?

(The skipper did a great job of putting that little fire out at the water's edge. 'Bit of overkill in his method though, 'innit'...)

Keith

How many violations/fines do you suppose the U.S. EPA could hit that shipyard with?

(The skipper did a great job of putting that little fire out at the water's edge. 'Bit of overkill in his method though, 'innit'...)

Yeah I noticed that too.. Very precise and sure... :thumbsup:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
This is Turkey, I think. This one's made the rounds, it first showed up on a boating forum I help moderate as an example of how not to do it....

Interestingly, they always seem to have a little fire on shore that the incoming vessel swamps and puts out. I have no idea what the rationale is for that.

Keith

Turkey - you may be right on that judging by others.

Smoke. It's not obvious in that video but in others, an orange smoke marker is set off at the landing point. Perhaps they just ran out of flares!

Didn't that guy work for Exxon a few years back?

That's what happened to the Exxon Valdez (now the Oriental Nicety). In 2012 it was sold for scrap and sent to India where it was beached to be broken up.

(Exxon/Mobil continued to operate the Valdez as the SeaRiver Mediterranean until 2008).

Back