Nostagia Alive & Well Here . . . No Politics Please

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
The Bobby Darin Show
Season 2 Episode 3​

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Feb 02, 1973 on NBC

Duet: Bobby Darin and Petula Clark sing the Everly Brother's Hit Song, "All I Have To Do Is Dream"

Bobby Darin passed away at age 37-years a few months following this wonderful duet. SEE Color Film Video link below and still photos below:

Bobby and Sandra.jpg

Color Film Bobby Darin & Petula Clark

Other Facts:

"All I Have to Do Is Dream" is a popular song made famous by the Everly Brothers, written by the husband and wife songwriting team Felice and Boudleaux Bryant,[1] and published in 1958.

In 1973, after failing to take antibiotics to protect his heart before a dental visit, Darin developed an overwhelming systemic infection (sepsis). This further weakened his body and affected one of his heart valves. On December 11, he checked himself into Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles for another round of open-heart surgery to repair the two artificial heart valves he had received in January 1971. On the evening of December 19, a five-man surgical team worked for over six hours to repair his damaged heart. Shortly after the surgery ended in the early morning hours of December 20, 1973, Darin died in the recovery room without regaining consciousness. He was 37 years old.

There were no funeral arrangements; Darin's last wish in his will was that his body be donated to science for medical research. His remains were transferred to UCLA Medical Center shortly after his death."

Good video.

Bobby Darin must be a truly remarkable singer. I don't think anyone else could be that close to someone smiling like Petula Clark is, and still remember the lyrics of a song.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
When I was a teenager, my parents took me to see him at Harras Club in South Lake Tahoe, I really didn't want to go......

Well, I went and really enjoyed the show, what an incredable entertainer........

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
When I was a teenager, my parents took me to see him at Harrah's Club in South Lake Tahoe, I really didn't want to go......

Well, I went and really enjoyed the show, what an incredible entertainer........

Moments ago, I received a private note from another very nice GT40Forum person. I believe they desired to remain anonymous, so I shall honor that. However, a question arose about other classic music videos, so maybe others will be interested too.

Here's the note and my reply:

Hi Robert, When enjoying your posting of the Bobby Darin song, I went to your site to see if you had others like it and I noticed your tribute to your late wife. I know it's been a while but I just wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss. Your site is a wonderful reminder of the joy the two of you obviously had together. Best, (deleted)

(deleted), What a very nice eMail to receive. I thank you so much for taking the time and making the effort. Your thoughts were well received and are appreciated, and I bless you for them.

I am so happy to learn that there are others interested in the classic songs from the golden ages. I created another site many years ago that is loaded with not only GT40 videos, but ART of all types: landscapes, time-lapse, photography, interesting places to see, AS WELL AS many more videos of classic songs and groups - even dance film. I plan to transfer these to my GT40 site, but I've recently been busy with health issues.

The site menu is organized on one long menu page with links. There is also a color code indicating the type of file: QT, MP4, etc.

The classic music is in two or more group headings, about 1/2 way down on the right side.

Check it out when you have a moment, and let me know how you liked them.

Photography|Videos|Slideshows|Nature|Spiritual|GT40 Videos|Time Lapse|Underwater|Dancing|Trains|Sailplanes

Much thanks again, and all-good-things to you and family.

Robert

Introduction GT40 p2285|1969 GT40 Wide Body|Gulf Heritage

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Gidget

Pure class :)

Bob

Sandra Dee Darin

Born: Alexandra Cymboliak Zuck
April 23, 1942 in Bayonne, New Jersey, USA
Died: February 20, 2005 (age 62) in Thousand Oaks, California, USA

YES she was, and his wife (1960-1967) Sandra Dee (AKA Gidget) was also a looker.

"By the time that Dee was 12, she was a successful model. She moved on to Television commercials and also began acting. Dee was 14 when she was signed for her film debut as the youngest of four sisters in the film Until They Sail (1957). Her next few films were more soap opera story lines, but she had a chance to act with Lana Turner in Imitation."

SD2.jpg SD1.jpg
1959 Movie . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Also 1959 Movie

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
What an amazing time of our history... Thanks for posting!

Back