Politics in The Paddock - Please Read

Keith

There have been rumblings and the WOGGS are revolting. I wonder if we could try something. Entirely voluntary of course, but it's good to take action before someone takes action for us if you get my drift.

Could we have just ONE THREAD running for Political Debate? A bit like the Jokes thread or F1 thread - a dedicated thread for all this American and other Political stuff?

Wouldn't affect the 'Weather' thread as I think that deserves it's own slot, but all of the 'plucked out of the obscure media' headlines could exist on one thread, no? (I mean I personally would much rather not be bothered with them in the first place but whatever..)

Is this do-able?

Say Ay or Nay...

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I think we shouldn't do this unless we have some graphs. I mean, we need objective evidence. :)

Actually, I'm all for it. That way, those of us who don't want to partake, it'll be easier for us.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry Keith, I couldn't resist. I'll say Ay, but I don't think that will stop some from whinging about political content.
Most threads that contain political content have a title that pretty much spells out what they are about and even if they don't one glance would show the reader that it is political in content. The reader then has the CHOICE not to read that particular thread.
But some would rather whinge particularly if they disagree with the comments.
At this stage someone will come up with the old chestnut this is a car forum....
Well there are by my count 26 sections in the forum devoted exclusively to the car we love,
And one paddock which allows one to speak on other things. Including the weather.

Last edited:

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Nay, we get tired of buggered up Graphs, facts, and Fox. By leaving this shite alone we get to reuse some of the tired old rants we used a years ago and cut and paste without anyone getting wiser. Matter of fact, conservatives can use liberal rant with just a change of the name. Like "Hillary lied, people died" or Benghazi, is that near Hoboken?

Ah I see Pete' has resorted to the old chestnut of trying to preempt a relevant comment by bringing it up himself and calling it an old chestnut.

Haven't lost the old political touch hey Pete'. ;p

Tim.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Ah I see Pete' has resorted to the old chestnut of trying to preempt a relevant comment by bringing it up himself and calling it an old chestnut.

Haven't lost the old political touch hey Pete'. ;p

Tim.

Wonderful word play Tim,:heart: in a manly way of course.

Back