My, Your, Our Neighbourhood

Keith

To celebrate my return to the land of the living, I took a trip out on the trusty scooter yesterday, buoyed up by Morphine Sulfate and half bottle of white wine.. (!!!)

By the way, Jack (Molleur) has been here!

I'm lucky to live in such a place so I thought I'd post a couple of pics. Do please post pics in YOUR neighbourhood and help us all connect with you....

Lifeboat Station. Harbour Master's Office and Lymington Town Sailing Club:

Royal Lymington Yacht Club slipway (Princess Anne is the Commodore)

Wider view:

This is the Isle of Wight Car Ferry. This Albanian built juggernaught, is actually the most expensive ferry in the world for a passenger trip. True. A three mile journey to Yarmouth which takes 30 mins or less is over £50 one way with your car! They run 2 each hour for 18 hours - just imagine how much money that makes for the (Australian) owners.

Ain't we International? :laugh:

Lets have some pics of your neighbourhood, even though I know the Americans will put us in the shade....

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Beautiful day here yesterday. Was fortunate enough to have to be out working along the seashore.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2014-05-16 at 2.21.39 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-05-16 at 2.21.39 PM.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 183
  • Screen shot 2014-05-20 at 9.35.23 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-05-20 at 9.35.23 AM.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Screen shot 2014-05-20 at 9.35.34 AM.jpg
    Screen shot 2014-05-20 at 9.35.34 AM.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 182

Brian Stewart
Supporter
It's in Otago Harbour Keith. Dunedin is the city at the head of the harbour. Our tides can be as much as 7 feet difference from low tide to high tide during spring tides. More usually around 4-5 feet.

Keith

Is that Jac Mac territory?

Ooops.....

Somebody else lives in that manor - I'm sure of it.. :shifty:

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Jac Mac lives about 1.5 hours drive south of me in a wee place called Gore. Yep - Dunedin has its 'interesting' parts....

Jac Mac lives about 1.5 hours drive south of me in a wee place called Gore. Yep - Dunedin has its 'interesting' parts....

Yeah, I suppose since there is a functional public toilet in the main street it could be considered a 'Wee' place, possibly handy for northern GT40 building residents passing thru on frequent inspection trips....:)

About a 2 hr drive from me. This passenger ferry takes about 2 minutes to cross, thereby saving about 40 minutes driving. Mercury Bay , North Island.

Z.C.

Attachments

• Ferry Mercury bay North Island.jpg
    Ferry Mercury bay North Island.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 149
This is the Isle of Wight Car Ferry. This Albanian built juggernaught, is actually the most expensive ferry in the world for a passenger trip. True. A three mile journey to Yarmouth which takes 30 mins or less is over £50 one way with your car! They run 2 each hour for 18 hours - just imagine how much money that makes for the (Australian) owners.

Ain't we International? :laugh:

I had to send one of our trucks on that ferry a few years ago and they charged me £180 each way . Greedy aussie bastards :veryangry::mad::shocked:

Bob

Back