hell of an air show coming up

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Al,

My home airfield...lucky me.
That was my Father's last project before he retired.
Bringing the redundant, decayed airfield back into use for the Imperial War Museum. I would have been about 17 i guess when i accompanied him to the airfield so he could show me around and meet various contractors.
Remember it was around february and there was snow on the ground.
You might laugh, but we made for the only hut that was habitable.
They had even got the old woodburner going...
The Belfast hangers were in a shocking state, doors binding and sagging and after the lead off the roof had been stolen years previously, the ends of the roof trusses were rotten. For several years after, they used to send him free tickets. Not sure if they do now. It is one hell of an event and now they have the American Museum open it's even better.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Wow! If just watching that short video didn't get the blood flowing, you'd better be headed to the hospital!

That alone would be worth the travel.

Great stuff !
Some of the highlights of the first 20 years, hopefully many more to come. I'm lucky, Duxford is only an hour away from me. The Red Bull P-38 & Corsair flew over my house on route to Flying Legends a few years ago.

Plus, a few weeks later this year we have the Lancaster from Canadian Warplane Heritage crossing the pond to display alongside the Battle of Britain Memorial Flights Lanc. I hope to see them at Sywell & Dunsfold, ( if not more ! ).

Thanks for posting. Steve

Just got back from a "mini" air show last week in northern Calif. (Santa Rosa airport). The Collins foundation flew in there B17, B24, B25 & training version of a P51.

For $12.00 we got to climb around inside of the B24 & B17 for as long as we wanted to.

some really great memories there from my dad (pilot of B24) and my friends dad (tail gunner in B17).

Dave

Back