Sometimes being a mega-dork pays off...

...well, it has for me anyway. :laugh:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Dd2Unce43wI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Good stuff Mike, enjoyed it immensely and learnt a lot. Thanks for posting.
P.S. A good Pantera will get between $85,000. To $95,000 down under.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Jay's stmt, 'You think you're doing 80 and then you look down and see you're doing 120', is dead on.

Back in '72 I took wifey for a short spin in a new Pantera. While on the freeway, I covered the speedometer with my hand and asked her how fast she thought we were going. She guessed 45-50 mph. We were doing just short of 90. There's no real accurate sense of speed when 'in one of those cars!

Mike: Pls check P.M.s...;)

I have always thought the Pantera is a better looking car than it's competition, it is such a nicely balanced shape. Having previously owned 351 Cleveland engined cars I also am a big fan of them.
I have to admit though that I do like the later cars as much as I do the originals. I think the Pantera shape suited the additions just fine.
I would be happy to own any Pantera as long as it wasn't a basket case.

Nice to see you in your natural habitat Mike. ;p

Tim.

Mike, On a stock Pantera, what kind of upgrades pricewise are you looking at to have a decent car? I too fell in love with that car in 1973, unfortunately I met my ex at the same time, should have bought the car instead.

Back