I'll try another job thsnk you!

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
They look like they've done that a few times! :shocked:

This is yet another unfortunate situation where automation will eliminate another job(s), one(s) that adds real character to human endeavors.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
The U.S. Navy used to do much the same thing transferring personnel from ship to ship via 'highline' in a 'boatswain's chair'. 'Have no idea if that's still done.

I saw more than one guy get soaked by wave action while crossing between two ships that were 'rolling' slightly in fairly heavy seas!

Since I have the backbone of a chocolate eclair, that wouldn't have been be something I'd have wanted to do!

They look like they've done that a few times! :shocked:

This is yet another unfortunate situation where automation will eliminate another job(s), one(s) that adds real character to human endeavors.

I imagine that workman's compensation rates or whatever the French have must be astronomical for that job, probably higher than the salary.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Huge respect for these guys - but a little crazy !

It does make you wonder about the really crazy people who built the lighthouse in the first place - how on earth did they do it ??

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...people who built the lighthouse in the first place - how on earth did they do it ??

Perhaps a better question might be how the devil has the lighthouse managed to remain standing after having been battered by the sea all those years???! :stunned: :squint:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Huge respect for these guys - but a little crazy !

It does make you wonder about the really crazy people who built the lighthouse in the first place - how on earth did they do it ??

Here is how some Scots did one
[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1kG3D1tjgqY[/ame]

Ian

Back