Who said this?

Saying nothing with a lot of words.
“My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants of prior situations and mindsets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have overlooked the bigger picture and we didn’t do that and I’m proud of that. Very proud. I would say that’s a major accomplishment.”

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Think I heard H.C. Utter those words.

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
...but that wasn't why she was there...or, so she claimed.

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Saying nothing with a lot of words.
“My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants of prior situations and mindsets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have overlooked the bigger picture and we didn’t do that and I’m proud of that. Very proud. I would say that’s a major accomplishment.”

...and I'll bet there wasn't a single soul who asked her to indicate where in all that double speak she had mentioned accomplishment ONE, was there.

I swear that woman has to be related to Prof. Erwin Corey.
(If you're in a hurry - f.f. to about 01:00)
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHlLmYVCzKY"]Smothers Brothers Professor Erwin Corey - YouTube[/ame]

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
So Al posted something in the Paddoc, what are the chances that it is true, almost......ZERO

What are the chances that Jack and Larry will believe it.....100%

Say Al, Jack, Larry, do you know that the word "gullible" is not in the dictionary?

You really make conservatives look ridiculous, the truth is not important to you?

It took me 30 seconds to find this.

This is from SNOPES

Stating the Oblivious

Claim: Statement reproduces Hillary Clinton's response when asked to identify her major accomplishments as Secretary of State.

<CENTER>
content-divider.gif
</CENTER><NOINDEX><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=middle>
red.gif
</TD><TD vAlign=top>FALSE</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></NOINDEX><CENTER>
content-divider.gif
</CENTER>
Example: [Missoulian, 2014]

On March 11, Hillary Clinton gave a speech. One member of the media asked her what she thought were the major accomplishments of her tenure as Secretary of State.

She answered, "My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked. My proudest accomplishment in which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know. The remnants of prior situations and mindsets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have overlooked the bigger picture and we didn't do that. Very proud. I would say that's a major accomplishment."

Wow! Killer speech, Hills. I can hardly wait until 2016 so you will be able to speechify to your little heart's content. It will be interesting when you come to Missoula if you will be able to get the local libs to lower themselves to screaming and wailing and chanting and crying in your presence like the current fool in power did.

Scott Boyer, Hamilton

Origins:
In mid-2014 many web sites began reproducing the quote referenced above, putatively a response given by Hillary Clinton on <NOBR>11 March</NOBR> 2014 to a reporter or interviewer who asked her to identify her major accomplishments during her time as Secretary of State. Clinton's supposed answer was a stream of words that conveyed no tangible <TABLE border=0 cellPadding=12 align=right><TBODY><TR><TD><CENTER>
<IFRAME style="DISPLAY: none" height=1 src="http://ad.turn.com/server/pixel.htm?fpid=28" width=1></IFRAME>
img
activity
pixelSync
pixel
cfcm.ashx
getuid
aol
hbpix
match
cm
mapuser
<IFRAME style="WIDTH: 0px; DISPLAY: none; HEIGHT: 0px" height=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://ads.pubmatic.com/AdServer/js/showad.js" frameBorder=0 width=0 allowTransparency marginWidth=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME><IFRAME style="POSITION: absolute; TOP: -20000px" height=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://aktrack.pubmatic.com/AdServer/AdDisplayTrackerServlet?operId=1&pubId=32702&siteId=46838&adId=80733&adServerId=165&kefact=2.360000&kaxefact=2.360000&kadNetFrequecy=5&kadwidth=300&kadheight=250&kadsizeid=9&kltstamp=1411011623&indirectAdId=100078&adServerOptimizerId=1&ranreq=0.8171117222802884&kpbmtpfact=0.000000&dcId=1&tldId=74399&passback=3&imprId=14AAC7CC-CE2A-471E-87E5-8A96E3CB006C&domain=www.snopes.com&pageURL=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.snopes.com%2Fpolitics%2Fclintons%2Fachievements.asp" frameBorder=0 width=0 allowTransparency name=pbeacon marginWidth=0 scrolling=no> </IFRAME><IFRAME style="POSITION: absolute; TOP: -20000px" height=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://ads.pubmatic.com/AdServer/js/showad.js#PIX&ptask=DSP&p=32702&s=46838&SPug=1" frameBorder=0 width=0 allowTransparency name=pbeacon marginWidth=0 scrolling=no> </IFRAME><IFRAME style="WIDTH: 0px; DISPLAY: none; HEIGHT: 0px" height=0 marginHeight=0 src="http://ads.pubmatic.com/AdServer/js/showad.js#PIX&p=32702&s=46838&kdntuid=1&fp=1&mpc=12" frameBorder=0 width=0 allowTransparency marginWidth=0 scrolling=no></IFRAME><!-- PubMatic Ad Ends --><IFRAME style="DISPLAY: none" height=0 src="http://eu-u.openx.net/w/1.0/pd?plm=5&ph=50ab0170-10fc-4aec-b816-8e01043433e7" width=0></IFRAME>
ri

</CENTER>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>accomplishment or anything specific; just a vague oublespeak sense of "We did things differently than those other guys."

It's doubtful that Hillary Clinton made such a statement, however. None of the numerous reproductions of this quote we've found on the Internet makes any mention of whom Hillary Clinton was speaking to when she allegedly said it or identifies the specifics of the setting in which it was supposedly uttered. (Where did this event take place? Was it a speech or an interview? Who asked her the question? What else did Hillary say on that occasion?)

We've also found no record of Clinton's having engaged in any public appearance or interview on <NOBR>11 March</NOBR> 2014 during which she might have said what is attributed to her, nor any news account or transcript that references such a quote (from that date or at any other time). As well, the quoted words apparently didn't begin showing up on the Internet until months after they were supposedly spoken, rather than immediately afterwards.

Last edited:
Here's Hillary live asked about her accomplishments and saying absolutely nothing about what she has done for over 2 minutes. Snopes that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMWZeLqwllY

Funny, no one said Hillary Clinton, but Doug said HC and Jim said Hillary Clinton.
As for snopes, it's run by a liberal biased couple David and Barbara Mikkelson from San Fernando Valley of California. California, who would of thought? Brilliant, a site to prove or disprove anything for or against your political beliefs, and people like Jim who uses it as the Holy Grail of fact.

Accuracy In Politics: Snopes Got Snoped

Snopes Exposed? Is Snopes.com Biased? - Urban Legends

Snopes, “Liberal Bias,” and Trusting the Internet – The Skeptical Libertarian | Blog

There are plenty more.

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
So Al are you saying that your quote is correct?

Are you saying that Hillary actually said what you posted?

With the almost constant spewing of lies by the right, of course Snopes would appear bias.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Jim, Al is correct. I was VERY surprised to hear H.C. stumble through the response to a question which she was obviously unprepared to answer. Right after she said what Al printed she also said "But that's not why I am here"....and went on with the speech for which she was prepared.

Wish I could remember the focus group she was there to address.

More later...posting from work, will try to get more up after work.

Still doesn't impact my intent to vote for her if she runs....she is STILL the best candidate for the office, IMHO!

Cheers!

Doug

So Al are you saying that your quote is correct?

Are you saying that Hillary actually said what you posted?

With the almost constant spewing of lies by the right, of course Snopes would appear bias.

I never said that Hillary said that, Doug said "Think I heard H.C. Utter those words." and you led us to believe it was Hillary. Neither Larry or Jack or myself ever uttered her name. Snopes does not appear to be bias, they are.

Doug, thanks for your honesty, I respect you no matter what your beliefs are.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Obviously hard to recognize a single cubic zirconia in a pile of diamonds of equal size/cut/clarity, innit. So much so even you had to put the whole pile under a magnifying glass.

When asked at the "Women in the World" meeting in Manhattan what her PROUDEST ACHIEVEMENT as secretary of state was, she said, “I really see my role as secretary, and, in fact, leadership in general in a democracy, as a relay race, I mean, you run the best race you can run, you hand off the baton.” http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/17/u...plicates-clintons-diplomatic-legacy.html?_r=0 From her own lips (documented), THAT is reportedly what she said her proudest achievement was. What kind of non-statement is that??? How is that an "achievement" at all...let alone one to be proud of?

Tell me how ^that stmt^ is any different, in factual substance, from the statement Snopes says "It's doubtful" she made. Her answer above is just as nonsensical. No diff whatsoever. 'Classic Clinton-speak at its finest.

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
When asked at the "Women in the World" meeting in Manhattan what her PROUDEST ACHIEVEMENT as secretary of state was, she said, ...

That DOES sound like the group she was addressing when she made the statements I heard...it was SO uncharacteristic of H.C. to be so "discombobulated" that the content stuck in my mind...and the way Al "quoted" her statements is almost (if not exactly) what I heard her say. I do remember it was a women's group....

Cheers!

Doug

But Dug, you have no idea who the Republican candidate will be! How can you make such a monumental decision without even considering the other side?

Worst of all, you've dismissed your alter ego, Joe Byden, out of hand! I'm shocked, shocked!

You aren't choosing Hilary because she would be the first Woman President are you? Look what that got us with the first African-American President.

Content matters, and as we've seen, a good looking empty suit is not necessarily a good leader. Of course, we don't have to worry about good looks with Hilary. ;~)

Jim, Al is correct. I was VERY surprised to hear H.C. stumble through the response to a question which she was obviously unprepared to answer. Right after she said what Al printed she also said "But that's not why I am here"....and went on with the speech for which she was prepared.

Wish I could remember the focus group she was there to address.

More later...posting from work, will try to get more up after work.

Still doesn't impact my intent to vote for her if she runs....she is STILL the best candidate for the office, IMHO!

Cheers!

Doug

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
You aren't choosing Hilary because she would be the first Woman President are you? Look what that got us with the first African-American President.

Well...no, not really. I was thinking the other day about it...after all these years, what are the chances that the U.S. would elect the first A-A POTUS and the first female POTUS consecutively? But...no...it is not my reason for what I said.

I am not that unhappy with what the first A-A president has done...all in all, I think we got what we voted for. He has kept many of his campaign promises...in this day and age that is unusual.

My reason for what I said comes from a philosophical agreement with what I hear from Hillary...as well as a profound respect for the manner in which she has conducted herself while holding public office.

Neither am I unhappy with John Kerry...IMHO a Clinton/ Kerry ticket might be unbeatable.

There is nobody (now that there has been reasonable doubt raised about whether or not Chris Christie was part of that whole mess about the bridge) on the horizon of the Republican Party who can be trusted or believed...both rather important issues to me. That is a disappointment...I might well have voted for a moderate Republican who had shown a willingness to put aside partisan politics, and Christie was the only one I could see doing that.

YOMV, LB...as history has shown time and time again :idea:

Cheers!

Doug

I don't understand what all this bickering is about. What?

The first mistake is to assume politicians actually intend to say something substantive on a topic. They don't. H.C., or any politician. Substantive statements, by their very nature, take a stance on an issue and thereby alienate certain demographics....and this is viewed as threatening or diminishing to the chances of re-election. Re-election "electability" is driving much of the political behavior because these bums would just be regular folks with no power if they weren't re-elected. They're scared stiff of just being regular folks.

There's a reason why campaign signs don't say "re-elect" so and so....can you guess why?

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Cliff, that is the problem with all polititions they try to be all things to all men. All they care about is votes and staying in power.

Cliff, that is the problem with all polititions they try to be all things to all men. All they care about is votes and staying in power.

Yup, exactly right Pete. I don't know if it's as bad in your neck of the woods as it is here in the USA....a respected US research firm did some polling of the general population and politicians were ranked below used car salesmen with regard to honesty and trustworthiness.... And these politicians are in charge of running our country. Oh boy. It's a very sad state of affairs.

Whenever I'm voting I generally always vote out the incumbent. Anything, even a totally unqualified newbie, is better than what we have now. A lot of US people feel this same way...and that's why election signs don't say "re-elect" so and so....

Hoping you have it better in your part of the world Pete.

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Given history Bush 41 was okay to you, but GW was an absolute abomination per the left. So if that will ring true Bill C. (who was impeached) was good than Hillary should be a Queen?

No thanks. Im sure there are at least a couple hundred I would put in front, and they are not all Repubs. I won't mention a perferred historical president because I don't know any that did not get hammered for something. We do need a strong Pres as we have seen what a milktoast can do. I don't think H is that strong.

Back