Pros and Cons of God . . .

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
First, Happy Thanksgiving.

If you have read this before. Enough said.

If you have not, just read this short writing, and when you finish, read it from the bottom upward, sentence by sentence. Then, you decide.

image1.JPG

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
That's a real clever piece! 'Never seen it B4!

'Clearly illustrates just how backward - literally! - athiests' views really are! :laugh3:

Thanks!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Very interesting Robert. i've not seen that one before...

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
What a bunch of sanctimonious religious bullshit.

I have a lot of respect for religious folks, especially those who realize that faith or the lack thereof is personal, and not the subject of demeaning internet memes.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
My mind is made up and has been for a long time . This thread is a load of crap. I think religion and other associated topics should be excluded from the paddock for ever - unless it involves terrorists / jihadists / beheadings / all in the name of someone else's God.
I live very close to the latest arrests (High Wycombe) and the so called jihadist has been remanded indefinitely for planning a public beheadingin the town where I live.
Fuck a doodle do. Religion ? Take a run and jump.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Most religions themselves aren't the problem. The problem is what some people do whilst falsely claiming to be following the teachings thereof.

Keith

Don't answer that Larry. It doesn't matter.

Since this seems to be the new God Channel, how about this one?

A Priest was being honoured at his retirement dinner after 25 years in the parish. A leading local politician and member of the congregation was chosen to make the presentation and to give a little speech at the dinner. However, he was delayed, so the Priest decided to say his own few words while they waited: Thank Goodness we Catholics have a wonderful sense of humor!

“I got my first impression of the parish from the first confession I heard here. I thought I had been assigned to a terrible place. The very first person who entered my confessional told me he had stolen a television set and, when questioned by the police, was able to lie his way out of it. He had stolen money from his parents; embezzled from his employer; had an affair with his boss’s wife; had sex with his boss’s 17 year old daughter on numerous occasions, taken illegal drugs; had several homosexual affairs; was arrested several times for public nudity and gave VD to his sister. I was appalled that one person could do so many awful things. But as the days went on, I learned that my people were not all like that and I had, indeed, come to a fine parish full of good and loving people.”

Just as the Priest finished his talk, the politician arrived full of apologies at being late. He immediately began to make the presentation and gave his talk:

“I’ll never forget the first day our parish Priest arrived,” said the politician. “In fact, I had the honour of being the first person to go to him for confession.”

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Ya, I 'figgered' as much!

(Edit) BTW, I'll "see" your politician and "raise ya" this'n (abbreviated version):

Two Irish Catholic priests meet on the street, and Seamus says to Thomas, "Thomas, how are you this fine day." And Thomas says, "Oh Seamus, I think one of my parishoners has stolen my bicycle, and I don't know what to do!" And Seamus says, "Thomas, next Sunday, when you give your sermon, recite the 10 commandments. When you get to 'Thou shalt not steal', look you congregation in the eyes, and you'll know who stole your bicycle." Thomas thinks this is a good idea, and he says he'll try it.

The next week, Seamus and Thomas meet in the street again and Seamus asks Thomas if he tried his suggestion. And Thomas says, "Yes Seamus, I did just what you said. For my sermon I recited the 10 commandments. And you know, when I got to 'Thou shalt not commit adultery', I remembered where I left my bicycle..."

Last edited:

Robert S.

GT40s Supporter
Very interesting Robert. i've not seen that one before...

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> It was good seeing your name again Randy. It has been a long time, and I had no idea they let you out already. :)

Randy got it right, as he often does.

It was not about God, or religion. It was all about a unique and clever bit of writing. The clever written presentation could have portrayed two opposite views of the nature and soul of a cowboy: Pros and Cons of a Cowboy.

When one discovers clever writings, art, or beautiful images, it is a joy and a privilege to have this forum to share it with friends and strangers. Then they can elect to share, or not, with whom they decide. The key is having a title to attract readers/viewers. Otherwise, there would be far fewer to view the subject matter.

If anything, it was for me, a very interesting study to see first hand how the word God can stir emotions and anger. Certainly, it would be difficult to perceive that any such level of emotion or anger would be stirred to that degree with a subject: The Pros and Cons of a Cowboy.

Still, I wish all a very Happy Thanksgiving, and was surprised that no one became angry at that expression, since the thought of thanksgiving, could in the minds of the compromised, seem like an intentional subliminal attempt to market religion.

Best, Robert

Keith

Well of course it is David until you realise that you have taken part in an experiment...

How does it feel, being tampered with? :shifty:

Back