Now this is a barn find.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Pretty cool.... Not a GT40 in the bunch, but some pretty doggoned rare motors....
When I die, my wife and son won't have a clue what to do with all my stuff... I imagine that 50 years from now, my stuff could be the latest barn-find!

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I love that first photo. I always thought that Ferraris were smarter than Maseratis and that proves it. Fucking illiterate Maserati.

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
I found that quite depressing - all that history, effectively stored outdoors & neglected for so long that the rust has just about won ! To restore, most cars would probably cost up to $1m, & then it would not really be a restoration - the original cars would only be capable of providing patterns from which new panels & parts would have to be made. So then you end up with replicas !

Perhaps most of them are best preserved as-is : a stark reminder to future generations that heritage should be respected !

marc

Lifetime Supporter
Anyone remember that Ferrari collection in FL. they were chasing him for tax evasion and some of the cars were damaged in a Hurricane?

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
What's sad about storing cars like that is that so many of them are now not worth restoring because their value as restored cars isn't as much as it would cost. Keeping them in better condition would have prevented that, or reduced the cost of restoration. The Ferrari Cal Spyder is worth restoring, so is the Maserati, but a lot of the others won't be. It's a shame.

Back