Massacre in Paris...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
OMG - this is a terrible act..... Evil lurks absolutely everywhere.....

Keith

It didn't do the armed cops on duty any good did it Larry?

These security situations are not going to end up with armed citizens roaming the streets or sitting at their desks typing, trust me.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Terrible...and just more evidence of the wide-ranging impact of the rabid ISIS fanatics. We as a world must act to stop this spread of insanity or we will be caught up in it.

No, Pete...just like most other religions (including christianity), religions were invented by mankind and for the reason of controlling others...violence is just one of the methods adopted by the radicals in the Muslim religion (truly, Pete, not all Muslims claim violence as a component of their religion).

How to gain control of those who do without "punishing" those who do not is the issue. Maybe we should start championing David M for the next "President" of the United Nations? He has some very good ideas.

Cheers!

Doug

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter

These security situations are not going to end up with armed citizens roaming the streets or sitting at their desks typing, trust me.

Keith if the guys on the roof filming were armed with more than their phones it may have been two dead Muslims.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Whatever they call themselves, they have arrived and they are heavily armed.
Do each of us in our respective countries believe anything will ever be the same again?
I certainly do not.
Do you expect the security level to remain at Severe? I don't think so and I expect JTAC will set it at Critical in the next 48 to 72 hours.
(JTAC =Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre)

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
The only way to stop this sort of thing is to make it so costly for the ISIS types that they are afraid of US. Picture a joint NATO declaration of war on ISIS with a stated goal of unconditional surrender, complete destruction of their war making capability and trial and execution of their leadership.

Then just do it full on hard, flat out! Everybody together.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

Keith if the guys on the roof filming were armed with more than their phones it may have been two dead Muslims. (Actually, I believe there were 3 of them, Pete.)

Pete's smack on there.

Were the LEOs caught by surprise, Keith? Were they ambushed? Were they taking a smoke break at the time? Exactly how were they gunned down? What was the exact senario? Anyone can be gunned down under the proper conditions - armed or NOT.

Imagine if everybody in the place had been armed when these 3 pukes showed up.

NOW imagine if the guy who shot this video had been shooting a machine gun instead:

http://www.nytimes.com/video/world/...eyewitness-videos-of-paris-terror-attack.html

The only effective defense against a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with another gun who has both the skill and the backbone to USE it.

Last edited:

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
A truly horrific act which does nothing to help the Islamic cause.

I agree.

It becomes harder and harder to feel sympathy for the large portion of Muslims who are peaceful, when this type of thing continues and the Muslim world seems to do little about it.

Yeah, Christians had Eric Rudolph and the Norwegian shooter, but the Christian world, for the most part, condemned and attempted to stop future incidents like that.

Muslims must do the same. The West can't change Islam. Islam has to change Islam.

The Muslim world seems to do little about it. Muslims must do the same. The West can't change Islam. Islam has to change Islam.

Its hard to feel sorry for them when they wont step up and clean up the mess that is being made in the name of Islam. Complacency makes them a partner in the west's eye.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Some of the comments I have seen on social media by the followers of Mohammed have been disgusting. The tamest was "all who insult Mohammed deserve to die".

Last edited:

Keith

So, lets see. The answer so far is to put armed people on every roof in every city.

Cool...

Jeff is right. The real answers to this conundrum lie with the Muslim community. They should form a task force and route these bastards out.

One of their (ISIS/Al Qaeda) 'War Aims' will be to engender and promote civil war and we must be extremely careful not to allow that to happen because it would be a war that would signal the end of our democracies and personal freedoms, with only a doubtful eventual outcome over many years.

You've seen what can be achieved in our free democratic societies with a few determined men, in some cases resulting in the paralysis of a whole city and economic structure. It will be very difficult to combat those tactics using conventional means.

Joined up thinking required here, principally from the Islamic communities, after all, many millions of them enjoy the relative peace and harmony of Western civilisation. I'm quite sure they would not want to exchange their suburban ideal for downtown Aleppo.

But hey! We could just give everybody a gun!

Really...what did you expect for these 'poor misunderstood and underprivileged youths'?

What does it take to be shocked today? The so called 'peaceful ones' haven't and aren't going to correct their problem. I read about another policeman was shot/killed in Paris today. Yes, only the bad guys have weapons. The Paris cop that was wounded and then executed by a shot to the head, was a Muslim. So what we have here is a group of animals that need to be hunted and put down. They don't want to have meetings to discuss the why of it all.
And yes Jeff, this makes me angry also.
Grady-in Asheville

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Lets not turn this into a gun or a political squabble again. The Islamic faith has to realize how a great deal of 'outsiders' view them. The Elders do not talk to the police, the mothers shield their 'jihadist' sons until it's too late.
They, single handedly, have increased the security level nearly all over the world and slowed down each and everyone of us to a snails pace. To get on a flight to Newcastle s is slower than driving there.
France - you have my sympathy but you are just going through the same terrorist acts as we have in London and Boston and elsewhere. You cannot put every Muslim out for the dustman to take away. I know there are good Muslims as well as these idiots.

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité.

That has probably changed as of today. A country with over 4 million muslims will most likely have some troubles that will take a long time to sort.

Back