East Coast USA Snow

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Getting reports that New York and surrounds are about to get a good load of snow

Keep safe guys

Presumably this is all because of the global warming! :thumbsdown:

Ian

Thanks for the best wishes.

As of now, where I am in western Massachusetts, it's a lot to do about nothing.

Forecast is for it to clear out at this location by early afternoon.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...it's a lot to do about nothing.

...which is what I told my 'better half' would probably be the case back when all hype began.

We actually had 3 feet of snow here in 1996. 'Lasted for about 2 weeks as I recall...with a Nor'easter blowing the whole time. 'Even had a few roofs collapse. 'No mention on the national news other than "it's snowing in Wa. St.", or whatever footnote was made of it all.

(Yes, I know - there's a big diff in the population density affected, etc., etc....not to mention the need to fill the 24 hr news cycle with something these days.)

Meanwhile, up in Alaska... :lipsrsealed:

I was wondering if Walmart , Costco and the like sponsor the weather forecasters over there . According to our news here they are benefiting from a profits boost with folk panic buying and stocking up the fridge.

Bob

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Been to St.Paul, MN several times last year.

Just wondering how things are over there at the moment?

I'm a little more than an hour south of St. Paul. Today we have mid 30's F temps, but this weekend it is supposed to drop back to sub-Zero again. :thumbsdown:

Not much snow on the ground here to speak of... Frankly, I wish it would stay that way!

Moved to the greater Boston, MA last year. My first Noreaster with this snow storm. We had 31 inches in our area and pretty much dug out now. Power has been up less a few areas near the Cape & coast. GT40 remains in the garage until spring.

Back