Charleston

Keith

I am moved to say what a dreadful event occurred there yesterday in that beautiful city and sincerely hope that none of our U.S. colleagues had any friends amongst the congregation. I see they've now caught the spineless monster....

It might have been better if he had resisted arrest...

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Spineless folks don't have the backbone for a fair fight. So sad... and even worse, spending time with the congregation before carrying out this deed.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Your President called it right this time...

...until he got to the part wherein he unashamedly used the occasion to attempt to score a few political, 'anti-gun' points. :evil:

He and his minions just don't 'get it'. We already HAVE 387,999,238 "ant-gun laws" (give or take a dozen)...the crown jewel of which being the "gun-free zone" law. And yet crooks and loons STILL do what they do using WHATEVER gun they want to use - LEGAL OR NOT. And 99% of the time they commit their mass murders IN a "gun-free zone".

So, what GOOD will passing even ONE additional anti-gun law DO to prevent gun violence???? Answer: N-O-N-E. The only result will be further restricting the gun rights of law-abiding people...and they aren't the problem.

I'm getting sick and tired of the left's mindless, senseless, agenda-driven, 'p.c.', anti-gun, anti-2nd Amend CRAP. :furious::furious::furious:

Last edited:

Charlie Farley

Supporter
He still called it right...
Larry, you just don't get it... do you
It's not about passing laws, it's gone way way past that.
What your country needs is a Patton.
Cordon off neighbourhoods and forceably remove every gun
at the point of a gun, funny that..

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Oh, before you get on your high horse, there will be a plus + side,
some will resist, those that do ...well...its a win win.

...until he got to the part wherein he unashamedly used the occasion to attempt to score a few political, 'anti-gun' points. :evil:

He and his minions just don't 'get it'. We already HAVE 387,999,238 "ant-gun laws" (give or take a dozen)...the crown jewel of which being the "gun-free zone" law. And yet crooks and loons STILL do what they do using WHATEVER gun they want to use - LEGAL OR NOT. And 99% of the time they commit their mass murders IN a "gun-free zone".

So, what GOOD will passing even ONE additional anti-gun law DO to prevent gun violence???? Answer: N-O-N-E. The only result will be further restricting the gun rights of law-abiding people...and they aren't the problem.

I'm getting sick and tired of the left's mindless, senseless, agenda-driven, 'p.c.', anti-gun, anti-2nd Amend CRAP. :furious::furious::furious:

I feel your pain Larry, in the absence of a gun the same loon would probably sling petrol over them and pull out a lighter.

Bob

Pat

Supporter
I feel your pain Larry, in the absence of a gun the same loon would probably sling petrol over them and pull out a lighter.

Bob

...Or a fertilizer bomb in front of an office building, an aircraft or two into a skyscraper, an automobile into a crowd or even a knife to the throat. It doesn't take a long look at the deviant that allegedly did this to conclude he's criminally insane.
With the media hyping racial discord like no time since the '60s, some of it factual -a lot of it not (i.e."Hands up-don't shoot) those with damaged minds become more susceptible to all the continued rhetoric. I also suspect that the shooter, like the ones in Aurora, Newtown, Va. Tech (and just about every mass shooting in the past two decades) has a link to psychiatric medication.
A Brief History of Psychotropic Drugs Prescribed to Mass Murderers | Los Alamos Daily Post

I don't think shoot outs with gun owners are a "win-win". If we wanted to really address gun violence we would go after the gangs that possess them illegally. A look at the urban gang related murders on any weekend will tell you how that's working. I also don't think it helpful projecting the actions of one deranged individual to be an indicator of universally held racist beliefs by all white Americans as some commentators would suggest.

Instead consider the inspiration of the lives well led by Rev. Clementa Pinckney and the others who perished in prayer. Thoughts and prayers for them and their grieving families.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
The problem is that for the most part, these types of things do involve guns only, and this situation seems to involve a situation where a legally urchased gun was transferred by a dad to a kid who shouldn't have one.

We are in an endless feedback loop with the same thign happening over and over and no change.

No idea what to do.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...Or a fertilizer bomb in front of an office building, an aircraft or two into a skyscraper, an automobile into a crowd or even a knife to the throat. It doesn't take a long look at the deviant that allegedly did this to conclude he's criminally insane.
With the media hyping racial discord like no time since the '60s, some of it factual -a lot of it not (i.e."Hands up-don't shoot) those with damaged minds become more susceptible to all the continued rhetoric. I also suspect that the shooter, like the ones in Aurora, Newtown, Va. Tech (and just about every mass shooting in the past two decades) has a link to psychiatric medication.
A Brief History of Psychotropic Drugs Prescribed to Mass Murderers | Los Alamos Daily Post

I don't think shoot outs with gun owners are a "win-win". If we wanted to really address gun violence we would go after the gangs that possess them illegally. A look at the urban gang related murders on any weekend will tell you how that's working. I also don't think it helpful projecting the actions of one deranged individual to be an indicator of universally held racist beliefs by all white Americans as some commentators would suggest.

Instead consider the inspiration of the lives well led by Rev. Clementa Pinckney and the others who perished in prayer. Thoughts and prayers for them and their grieving families.

Well said.

If the powers that be want to pass more GUN laws, those laws should be:

- Commit a criminal offense while in the POSSESSION of a gun - add 10 years IN ADDITION TO whatever the MAX sentence for that crime may be...no 'plea deals' and NO parole.

- Commit a criminal offense EMPLOYING a gun - add 20 years IN ADDITION TO whatever the MAX sentence for that crime may be...no 'plea deals' and NO parole.

- SHOOT someone in the commission of a criminal offense - automatic life in prison. Period. No parole, no plea deals.

-KILL someone in the commission of a criminal offense - A-U-T-O-M-A-T-I-C DEATH PENALTY. (And nunna this ole crap of sitting on death row for 30 years either. :beadyeyes:)

It's looooong past time we started playing hardball with the scum element.

Last edited:

Keith

Larry, would any of that have stopped this kid?

It's the whole gun culture to blame. Check out any contemporary movie and TV show.. Guns are sexy and powerful..

Perhaps you don't notice it and I can kind of understand why, but I became so sickened by it all after myself becoming a victim of gun crime, that I gave my TV away..

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, would any of that have stopped this kid?

Since you've asked me a direct question, just this once I'll set aside my 'assertion' that I'd not bother you again and answer you.

NO. There's NO LAW that will prevent ANY determined crook or LOON from doing whatever he's set on doing - PERIOD. 'Ain't gunna happen. Anyone who thinks any law will do that is 100% DELUSIONAL. I've said that 1,000 times. That's why I get so flamin' MAD when some anti-gun YO-YO starts screamin' for MORE GUN CONTROL LAWS after some LOON massacres a buncha U-N-A-R-M-E-D(!!!) folks. (And that's why I blow my stack about the asinine "gun-FREE zone" laws. All THEY do is provide unarmed fish-in-a-barrel for said LOONS.)

Only LAW-ABIDING people OBEY laws. THEY'RE the ones who get screwed out of their gun rights - AND their BEST, most EFFECTIVE means of self defense - by all the lefty 'gun control' idiocy.

The laws I proposed above, for all intents and purposes, get rid of crooks and loons P-E-R-M-A-N-E-N-T-L-Y once they've committed a gun crime - unlike the "revolving door" system we have in place over here currently. In the case of someone who KILLS another person, he's DEFINATELY gunna be gone forever.

'Hope that answers your question, sir.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I happen to agree with Larry, as you all know Australia has banned gun ownership,
And gun related crime still happens.
My condolences to the friends and families of this horrendous crime.

By State law, the church was a "GUN FREE ZONE".
Tragic that a sole disturbed individual disobeyed that law, while the parisioners complied.

Pat

Supporter
It's the whole gun culture to blame. Check out any contemporary movie and TV show.. Guns are sexy and powerful..

“For every problem there is a solution which is simple, clean and wrong.”
-Henry Louis Mencken

Out of curiosity, was the "gun culture" in the UK responsible for Cumbria shootings in 2010?
What about The Hungerford massacre or The Dunblane School Massacre? Perhaps the UK organic peroxide culture in the UK was responsible for the 2005 London subway bombings.

Could it be that one has difficulty rationalizing acts of insanity which by their nature are irrational?

“The best time to complain is right after you’ve come up with a solution to the problem. Pose the questions, present the answers, and then pose nude while the people make statues out of you in veneration.”
― Jarod Kintz

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
By State law, the church was a "GUN FREE ZONE".
Tragic that a sole disturbed individual disobeyed that law, while the parisioners complied.

EGGzackly. Supporters of that asinine law have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER regarding just how S-T-U-P-I-D it really is.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
He still called it right...
Larry, you just don't get it... do you
It's not about passing laws, it's gone way way past that.
What your country needs is a Patton.
Cordon off neighbourhoods and forceably remove every gun
at the point of a gun, funny that..

No, it's YOU who "(doesn't) get it".

Here we have a constitutional RIGHT to keep and bear arms. The govt DARE NOT even T-H-I-N-K about doing what you suggest for a whole HOST of reasons!!! TRUST ME on that one.

Keith

Since you've asked me a direct question, just this once I'll set aside my 'assertion' that I'd not bother you again and answer you.

WTF? :huh:

“For every problem there is a solution which is simple, clean and wrong.”
-Henry Louis Mencken

Out of curiosity, was the "gun culture" in the UK responsible for Cumbria shootings in 2010?
What about The Hungerford massacre or The Dunblane School Massacre? Perhaps the UK organic peroxide culture in the UK was responsible for the 2005 London subway bombings.

Could it be that one has difficulty rationalizing acts of insanity which by their nature are irrational?

Yes indeed Pat but we (at the moment) do not have a culture of guns or gun ownership and you know that so I think your example is a stab at diversion. However, with sickening violence being ever more portrayed on our media, perhaps our time is approaching.

Your two examples are illuminating. Both subjects were fascinated with guns and were licensed holders of multiple weapons. Both were proven (after the event) to have deeply flawed insecure personalities and the gun made them both powerful equal and superior. That is gun culture to a capital 'T'. Fast cars apparently have the same effect..:tongue2:

Interesting that the replies to a fairly innocuous statement are both passionate and innately defensive. It is an indication perhaps that guns and Americans are inseparable after all. You must understand, that from an outsiders viewpoint (I think I can speak for most Brits here), the whole gun thing is, how can I put it, insane..just the thought of being in a house full of guns or sharing a bar counter with gun toting citizens or knowing that your date has a handgun in her purse, is just, I don't know, I don't have words. For you though, it's just another day at the office.

Of course, if you really believe that the amount of gun incidents in the UK is in some way the US experience on a much smaller scale then there is no further point of discussion because the difference in culture is a yawning chasm let me assure you, so perhaps you should just bang away at each other to your hearts content, and may the best aim win...:)

To be fair and in a reply to your point about solutions, I have none except perhaps to be very vigilant what your children are exposed to....and perhaps, over time, things will change.

(Crikey! Talk about a delicious irony what with me being a victim of gun crime in my own workplace, and perhaps why I am somewhat depressed about the issue)

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I think your gun violence incidents in the UK were indeed caused by a culture of gun violence- over here.

I have also come to the conclusion that most people in the USA aren't smart enough to have a drivers license, let alone a firearm.

Back