Anybody in the UK knowing anything about wetrooms

I made the mistake if thinking an ordinary shower waste could cope with the onslaught of a couple of 110` head shower pumps, no chance:thumbsdown: If you can find an old world plumbers merchant they may be able to source a decent 3" waste, the one my mate used is the sort thats used in beer cellars. It was brass but he sent it off to the chromers .

Bob

Hi David,

Although I'm not really able to help with the initial construction of a wet room, I do think some sort of non slip material maybe useful. After all, its the last thing anyone wants!

A quick search on Google brought up this company who can apparently provide a strong non slip surface perfect for wet rooms.

LINK REMOVED BY MODERATOR

Hope this helps!

Zack.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com Zack.. I have removed your link as spam but have not clobbered your ID. If you choose to become part of the forum and conversations herein, it will be a different matter entirely..

Carry on guys...

Charlie Farley

Supporter
David, I take it you have chipboard on timber joists or are we talking about chipboard laid on top of rigid board insulation on a concrete slab ?

Keith

Hi yes David, I had one put in last year. I can shit, shave & shampoo all at once.

Very neat...

Floor is Altro...

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Jim,

Initially they were installed as a facility for disabled people and featured a hard floor and fully tiled walls. A drain was usually positioned in the middle of the room, so say, someone in a wheelchair could shower without the need for a cubicle. Since then, they have evolved into more and more expensive creations.
Coincidentally, yesterday i finished the wall linings on mine. One great plus factor from a maintenance point of view, is no need for a shower cubicle, thus no need for continually replacing the bloody silicone around it, even the stufff that is not meant to go black eventually does. Cleaning is a plus also, just point the shower head...job done.

Back