Russian Jets.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Amazing capabilities and very talented pilots... I have to wonder of what value that maneuverability is since dog-fighting nowdays seems to be a thing of the past... Talking with an F15 pilot on another board, he tells me that the missles fly when they're within just a couple of miles of the adversary and that very little 1:1 dogfighting even exists anymore.
Now the Drones, A10 and Blackhawks seem to have the ground support end of things covered.. Would these planes do duty in those theaters?
Don't know...
Either way - I doubt that I would pick a fight with them!

Amazing capabilities and very talented pilots... I have to wonder of what value that maneuverability is since dog-fighting nowdays seems to be a thing of the past... Talking with an F15 pilot on another board, he tells me that the missles fly when they're within just a couple of miles of the adversary and that very little 1:1 dogfighting even exists anymore.
Now the Drones, A10 and Blackhawks seem to have the ground support end of things covered.. Would these planes do duty in those theaters?
Don't know...
Either way - I doubt that I would pick a fight with them!

+1 Reminds me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua_TZ84hmEA

Those first planes look a bit like largish models like to me, especially the landing.
After that they look more real, and quite different.

Then again I am completely unqualified in this area and have been fooled by plane videos in the past because of said ignorance, so I am quite likely mistaken.

Tim.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I'm certain they are RC models. The giveaway for me was the landing gear down and back up in about 1 second, and the darty behavior. Current generation model gas turbines give not only the look, but the sound as well.

The video in the first post for the first 1:30 or so are RC planes. One of my hobbies is giant scale RC flying. This is CLEARLY an RC event. Been to many... Second half is an old video.

Back