Donald Trump

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
O.K, I always have thought Donald Trump a buffoon, misogynist and good property developer with a bad comb over.
Yet he is leading the Presidential Polls. Why is it so?

Sorry Keith:laugh:

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
My thoughts (as insignificant as they are) are that he speaks his mind, and observation of the electorate validates that many, if not most, Americans value candor over quality or rational thought. Being articulate and well spoken appear to be something to make fun of, to be discounted as a "Poindexter", and not worthy of leadership. Start spouting hyperbole, and you've got a race. This is why Palin was so popular initially. She spoke the Bubba language better than Bubba himself, and for a while, America loved her.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I think your first sentence sums it up, he speaks his mind. Maybe the American voter is sick of spin doctors and Political correctness and are relating to him because of that.

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Trump is a jackass. If you want to listen to someone who speaks their mind, listen to Sanders. I might not agree with what he says, but the man is consistent.

Trump is a fool. He has no resume whatever. He is unfit to be President. We do have reasonable GOP candidates. He is not one of them. He is an embarrassment to the entire republic.

O.K, I always have thought Donald Trump a buffoon, misogynist and good property developer with a bad comb over.

What became of that hideous old tart that shrunk his fortune a tad when she divorced him ?

Bob

Keith

Quite alright Pete. A very valid question mate....:thumbsup:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter

I think it is an indication of how disgusted the American public is with our present politicians and how ready for change America is!

It's hard NOT to like someone who attacks Rosie O'Donnell on such a regular basis :thumbsup:

But, Pete, I must admit that your first assessment was accurate. Most of us think of Trump as bombastic, self-absorbed and self-serving...not exactly the perception the U.S. wants the rest of the world to have of American leadership.

Cheers!

Doug

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Doug,

That's just it. I don't know that there are many folks left in the US that actually give a rat's ass about what the world thinks of US leadership anymore (except Israel perhaps?).

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
I think it is an indication of how disgusted the American public is with our present politicians and how ready for change America is!

It's hard NOT to like someone who attacks Rosie O'Donnell on such a regular basis :thumbsup:

But, Pete, I must admit that your first assessment was accurate. Most of us think of Trump as bombastic, self-absorbed and self-serving...not exactly the perception the U.S. wants the rest of the world to have of American leadership.

Doug,

That's just it. I don't know that there are many folks left in the US that actually give a rat's ass about what the world thinks of US leadership anymore (except Israel perhaps?).

I can't believe it. I actually find myself AGREEING with the 2 of you...on the above anyway...:stunned:

Discussed this same subject with the wife this afternoon. Although I do not believe that Trump is Presidential material by any margin, my take is that he is expressing views that are shared by the "silent majority" members of the US population, but have been/are unwilling express for fear that they will risk the wrath of the "politically correct police". As a result, he is getting a lot of attention from the general public. It is also interesting that he is forcing the rest of the candidates in both parties to address topics that previously were not on the political agenda.

Don't get me wrong - I don't like Trump, but the basic issues he brings up do need to be discussed.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Trump has nothing to lose. Win or lose, he has already accomplished more that anybody expected, and has set the campaign tone. The others are not as fortunate in that I'm sure they feel they have everything to lose, and are in a must-win situation. Trump is very much enjoying and entertained by this process.

Trump is the Blues Brothers in the scene where they are in the fancy restaurant, and all the other patrons are the other candidates.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzzE6XLbC8M

What a piece of crap. Would have thought he had lost all the veterans vote after his comment 'I like guys that don't get captured'. That from a clown that got multiple deferments from Vietnam including a 4f for some foot ailment. Couldn't even recall which foot it was. Another chickenhawk like Cheney willing to send other people's children off to war.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...he is expressing views that are shared by the "silent majority" members of the US population, but have been/are unwilling express for fear that they will risk the wrath of the "politically correct police".

Not only that, but, he's emboldened at least one other candidate (Jeb B.) to 'stick to his guns' when he says something that's not "politically correct".

Both Trump and Bush have now verbally slapped down reporters who questioned them about their use of the supposedly offensive label/term "anchor baby". Each has refused to "apologize" for using it and have instead immediately challenged said reporters to provide a more accurate label/term or shuddup...so to speak. 'Stopped the reporters darn near dead in their tracks.

I LOVE IT when ANYONE refuses to be intimidated by the p.c. crowd's "thought police"...be he a politician, a celeb, or simply 'Joe Nobody'.

We just may be witnessing the 'beginning of the end' with regard to the rule of "p.c." in this country...and it's about darned time. In fact, it's waaaaaaaaay PAST time.

Back