No Caption Required......

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
There is a bridge like that near my house. despite signs and years of warnings, every six months, a trucker hits it.

Like flies to the web......

Most tractor trailers require a bridge clearance in excess of 13'6". I've never seen a bridge that's not posted, or "low bridge" warnings prior to the bridge. The driver was clearly not paying attention, he will in his next job flipping hamburgs.

Plenty of it in this country, you would never believe the cost thats involved when a truck hits a railway bridge. Trains on the line are stopped £££££ then BR surveyor is called out to do a structural survey ££££££££££££££. Its not uncommon for costs to exceed £100,000 even if its given the all clear.

Keith

Plenty of it in this country, you would never believe the cost thats involved when a truck hits a railway bridge. Trains on the line are stopped £££££ then BR surveyor is called out to do a structural survey ££££££££££££££. Its not uncommon for costs to exceed £100,000 even if its given the all clear.

BR Surveyor Bob? Pray, enlighten us :shifty:

Keith

Better thank you. One does strive for a modicum of accuracy on these pages, even in the Paddock...Pip pip...

And when the copper pulls up he says to the driver "ah ha, stuck under the bridge are we"
to which the quick thinking driver replied, "nah mate, I was just delivering this bridge and ran out of fuel."

kaspa

Here is a famous bridge in the colonies......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzkWTcDZFH0

I love how the Ryder truck just "gets a trim"

Abso bloody great, only just stopped wetting myself.
I can laugh cos in my 20s moving house for the 1st time, hired a small truck & I went to our lawyer to get the keys to the new house and drove out of his car park, BANG, then a few seconds later the Solicitors sign floated down onto the drive in front of us. OOPS , never did that again!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back