• yes

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • no

Votes: 13 76.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pat

Supporter
Well you have your dozen in one letter Jeff and there there's about 200 in another letter that feels differently.

In the latest pushback to President Barack Obama’s Iran nuclear deal, nearly 200 retired U.S. generals and admirals penned a letter to Congress on Wednesday. The letter urged lawmakers to reject the agreement, saying that it threatened national security, the Washington Post reported.

Your bet is Iran lives up to every provision of the deal (which is already done in the UN). Mr. Obama's bet is they won't violate it until it's the next administration's problem.

If you own Ratheon, Grumman or Boeing stock, you're pulling for the deal to go through. Heck, they may be able to see weapons to both sides.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Here's the only type of poll that matters, from people who actually know what they are talking about:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...26f6ae-4045-11e5-bfe3-ff1d8549bfd2_story.html

And, of course, these generals don't:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/w...caution-obama-on-iran-nuclear-talks.html?_r=0

You know how this works, counselor...you present YOUR "experts" and the other side presents theirs?

So, tell me, does it make any sense to you to have Iran doing its own inspections and providing its own soil samples...just for starters...?

Edit: On second thought, forget it. This 'discussion' would likely never end.

Let them get on with it, when the threat becomes real the place will be glassed over. Its probably the only legitimate excuse the west will ever get :idea:

Bob

Keith

Robert old bean, you have it in one. Just feed the rope to them...

Otherwise it's completely circular..

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
So we have our ticket!

David Morton/Robert May for supreme leaders of the free world!

We really need someone in charge who is not afraid of "offending" the bad guys with a few buckets of light!

They behead our citizens with glee...they deserve to learn first hand and up close what happens when a few nuclei split and go rogue!

Cheers (there would most certainly be cheers from most people should that happen)!!

Doug

What really amazes me, is that over 140 people have looked at this and less than 10% have taken the time, and the rest don't have the time or will to take a stand. That says something about our society. That alone scares me.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
What really amazes me, is that over 140 people have looked at this and less than 10% have taken the time, and the rest don't have the time or will to take a stand. That says something about our society...

No kidding.

One of the things it says is we truly DO get the govt(s) we deserve
...'cause today we actually have govts 'round the world made up of people with the latter mindset ('no will [backbone] to take a stand).

I cannot imagine, say, Reagan, "Teddy" Roosevelt or Truman sitting on their thumbs while the likes of Russia, China, Iran and ISIS do as they please where ever/when ever.

In the end, the cost of inaction always exceedes the cost of meeting a threat head-on from the get-go.

Almost 200 views and only 13 votes, what a bunch of non committal whooses. The people you don't want walking past you when your injured in an accident. I expected a few, but not over 90%.

I have checked in on this post at least eight times to read others comments Al .

Bob
Me too, but that still leaves well over 100, still wouldn't want to be bleeding in the middle of the road. When I was just out of high school going to school in NYC, I saw a guy have an apparent heart attack. People were actually stepping over him. Kneeling next to him I had one hell of a time getting a foot patrol cop to stop and help us. That scared hell out of me as a kid from a town of 1000 people in CT. I'd never seen such "don't want to get involved" in my life and it still shocks me I guess.

Last edited:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I voted the first time I visited the poll...but about 5-10 of those views PER DAY are me checking back to read others' comments...when one is retired and attempting to age disgracefully that seemed like the most disgraceful thing I could do...:laugh:

No, honestly, Al, had I known you were using view counts to gauge how many different people had viewed the thread, I would have kept my views to a minimum to avoid skewing the raw data in the manner I did.

Cheers!!

Doug

Keith

I think the reality is how few of the overall membership now visit the Paddock. This is due, in part, to the intense politicisation of the forum a year or so back and the resulting spats from which it never really recovered.

Back