The Admiral Speaks his mind.

Pete, I posted the same on the 23rd, not one person said a word. I think he hit it on the head, people don't like to be confronted by the truth. Thanks for posting again.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Al,

Gimme (us) a link to your prior post/thread. I don't understand how I missed it.

My "comment" is: THE ADMIRAL WAS D-E-A-D O-N.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
For those who think BO's agenda is to get a Nobel Peace Prize or enhance his legacy....that last 45 seconds sure shot a hole in that! No American POTUS is going to even dream of having any positive legacy if those comments bear any truth ( which is still suspect, at least to me...that speaker had a "Smear Obama" strategy from the get-go).

Cheers!

Doug

For those who think BO's agenda is to get a Nobel Peace Prize or enhance his legacy....that last 45 seconds sure shot a hole in that! No American POTUS is going to even dream of having any positive legacy if those comments bear any truth ( which is still suspect, at least to me...that speaker had a "Smear Obama" strategy from the get-go).

Cheers!

Doug

Admiral Lyons must be somewhat well regarded to be invited to that meeting at all. He might hold Obama in low esteem, but I can't see the ex-Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet saying something just to smear.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
This guy seems like an angry old guy who is pissed at Reagan, Cap Weinberger, and many others.

What does he want? 200,000 US ground troops in Iran?

Steve

Supporter
Doug, BO already has a Nobel Peace Prize. Whether that was deserved is a whole different debate. To Jeff's point, while Lyons was critical of Weinberger and Carter, he was not critical of Reagan. If you read Andrew Marshall's biography (head of Pentagon Office of Net Assessment for 42 years and maybe the only person who had a grasp on the limitations of the Soviet Union during the cold war) he was also highly critical of Weinberger. In fact, Weinberger was the only secretary of defense he seemed to despise.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Admiral Lyons must be somewhat well regarded... He might hold Obama in low esteem, but I can't see the ex-Commander, U.S. Pacific Fleet saying something just to smear.

Unless...as Commander in Chief about the only individuals in the military BO has to supervise would be the upper echelon...i.e. the Generals. Suppose BO had to intervene in something Lyons felt really needed to be done.

Individuals at that level in the military have a lot of power and Lyons may well harbor ill feelings toward BO if there was conflict between them.

As a psychologist I am always looking for the motivation...Lyons seemed more angry about something than anything else, but having had such incredible autonomy in the military he would have no reason to believe that he should preface such remarks with "...in my opinion".

Cheers!!!

Doug

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Lyons seems to believe after watching that closely that if we had authorized some sort of strike against who was it, Hezbollah?, who bombed the Marine barracks, or in 1979 taken a few islands in the Persian Gulf, that that would have headed off a fundamentalist Islamic Iran. He's nuts.

Look, even I'm to the point where I think the US, Britain, France, Russia, China, Saudi and Lichenstein ought to go to Syria and absolutely wipe ISIS off the face of the planet. However, trying to effect a regime change in Iran via any military action is just ridiculous. And either not possible or so costly as to be practically not possible.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Lichtenstein only has a Police force of about 150 persons and a similar limited Swat team but no military since the mid 1800s.

Back