Oh SNAP!!! Looks like the Kat is out of the bag!!!!

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I agree Bob.. I think the only thing they can do to resurrect their name is to start being immediately transparent while their own internal investigation is being done to expose those that allowed/ordered this to happen. The world will need to see heads roll unfortunately...

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
What a pile of crap!

You guys are calling a 2l Diesel Golf a dirty car - it will fo about 70mpg

Instead you will drive a huge V8 7 or 8 litres doing 9 - 15 mpg and think you are saving the planet

What is always said on the "Climate change" = follow the money - they will penalise VW and pocket the money and somehow claim to be doing the right thing. Follow the money

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ian - settle down a bit mate!
No one is hugging trees around here that I am aware of...

It's about money and lies.... VW has lied and made a ton of money doing it... They are about to get their asses handed to them on a silver platter...

Charlie Farley

Supporter
True Randy,

But Ian has a very pertinent point.
I'm sick to death of getting scammed by our government.
They fine financial institutions, commercial enterprises and the like,
for infractions of the relevant law.
Who paid the cost in the first place ?
We did, the consumers.
I've yet to see one of these government administered penalties,
recompense the consumer.
To add insult to injury, they then have an alarming tendency to
fritter the majority of the income on half baked, hairbrained schemes.

Only the government is ever faultless and without penalty. If the governement is ever found at fault (ever?), who pays? You know. So where is deterrent?

True transparency? Good luck. Some sap will lose his head, the guy who really approved will still be there in the end. Sad. (Same as government)

Howard Jones

Supporter
Does anybody think that the economic fallout will effect motorsports spending by the VW/Porsche/Audi Group? They must be spending several 100s of millions on the P1 class between Audi and Porsche with rumors of a VW P1 or F1 in the future.

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Does anybody think that the economic fallout will effect motorsports spending by the VW/Porsche/Audi Group? They must be spending several 100s of millions on the P1 class between Audi and Porsche with rumors of a VW P1 or F1 in the future.

Sure it will

And I bet the emissions on those cars were out of spec too!

But I also bet this is the tip of an iceberg and more brands will fall to the "checkers"

Especially GMC and their big trucks - hold on they are exempt! (And Government owned)

Ian

I think the millions of VW owners with these car will be genuinely shocked and pissed off. The choice they made may well have been inspired by its green credentials. I also dont think we can draw a comparison with those that choose a gas guzzler , not on GT40.com :laugh:

Bob

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
VW stock jumped over five percent today!

Granted, what they did was not right, but they still beat many other cars in regard to emission standards.........What about the "carbon footprint" of Air Force One as it burns millions of gallons of jet fuel......so he can play golf!!!

Just an observation....

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Sure it jumped... Speculators hoping that V-Dub can pull itself back out of this hole....
I'm willing to bet the price will drop again, but maybe not as fast until the new CEO and BOD can forge an agreement with the American EPA on fines, etc.
There best be some body count that V-Dub can put on display as we all know in our hearts the CEO had little to do with it..
If made to remedy all of the 11 million cars affected as well as pay fines, you will have seen the last of the great VW for many generations..

Aside of the EPA fines etc there also seems to be quite a lot of interest being shown by your mericun jump on the gravy train compensation lawyers. Bolt down the hatches VW its gonna be a rough ride :worried:

Bob

PORSCHE boss Matthias Müller to become new CEO of VW.

Board members at VW and PORSCHE responsible for technology and engineering were fired.

Back