World Endurance Championship (WEC) 2016 Announcement.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
If any of you hears anything about the WEC Season 2016, which is supposed to be announced at COTA, please repeat the information in this thread.
Thank you,
Dave.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Just got it :

2016 FIA World Endurance Championship Provisional Calendar**
25/26 March: The Prologue, Circuit Paul Ricard, France
17 April: 6 Hours of Silverstone, GBR
07 May: WEC 6 Hours of Spa, BEL
05 June: 24 Hours of Le Mans Test Day
18/19 June:24 Hours of Le Mans, FRA
24 July: 6 Hours of Nürburgring, DEU
04 September: 6 Hours of Mexico City, MEX (To Be Confirmed)
17 September: 6 Hours of Circuit of the Americas (Lone Star Le Mans), USA
16 October: 6 Hours of Fuji, JAP
06 November: 6 Hours of Shanghai, PRC
19 November: 6 Hours of Bahrain, UAE

Keith

While we're on the subject of Sportscar racing at COTA, I caught the USCC race there today (most likely a repeat seeing as they have WEC there this weekend), I was quite astonished to see all cars using all the run off areas as part of the track without penalty. It was quite weird to watch.

Then I thought, that's actually quite sensible, except it made the track like 100' wide at one point. No exaggeration. Anyone got the inside info on the rules? Is it just for that series or is it for COTA period?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Unable to comment Keith.
If things remain the same as 2015, I'll be involved with Audi Joest in 2016 down as far as the Nurburgring 6hr.race. Unfortunately I lost attending a couple of races this year due to minor health issues, but I'm sure, or at least hoping, that 2016 should be OK.:thumbsup:

Keith

That's the spirit David. Still strong rumours of VAG and F1, most prevalent is VW buying out Red Bull Racing. I wonder what would happen to Audi in that scenario?

Audi managed to get both cars on the podium at COTA, but I think that's because the 2nd Porsche disappeared somewhere after both P cars running up front for most of the race. Audi still a couple of seconds a lap adrift...

Back