The contents of my attic.....

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
4 BRM wheels, a fake Christmas tree, a huge box of 15 and 22mm pushfit connections, three boxes of Xmas lights, two racks of winter gear, a pipe bender, an angle grinder. Loads more.
I bet you are reading this crap as well.........

Keith

That's really interesting David. Tell us more about the angle grinder? Kaspa reckons he can build an entire car with 4" disc version.

Keith

Re: This Should Be Interesting: Which Smartphone?

I think that was the 6310 Of which I have seven in a box, plus three car kits and about ten chargers. . Now I use the Nokia bluetooth carkit where the car is devoid of bluetooth.
This really is a terribly boring thread. How about listing the contents of your attic???

Yes, you are quite correct it is the 6310. I have a spare Nokia hands free kit going if you're interested. Brand new.

My attic is nowhere near as exciting as yours, and I got my neighbour to climb a ladder and take a photo to prove it..However, it is rumoured that Jimmy Hoffa is in there somewhere..

Here it is..

Last edited:

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
1/72 scale F14 model to be built.
Paper shredder.
400:1 telescope
approx 100 empty 4 litre plastic coke bottle
old toaster
1/32 A10 warthog kit
all my mech eng degree notes (6 large A4 binders)
harry the spider
various engineering books
oil painting books
2 original brm mirage front wheels (well thats what I was told when sold to me)
a lego 10030 kit.... if you got this far then you can google that one
a laptop with 486 processor (100mHz single core, did most of my PhD on it)
wire framed canvas campbed
wetsuit (still fits)
5 or 6 boxed 'star wars' lego kits circa 2005ish
rack and chains to keep the good lady in line
and about 5 minutes ago a very nearly 50 year old man wondering what the f**k is in the attic....

back to sleep now boys...back to sleep..........

Keith

Excellent Andy! This was a great idea David, now anyone else care to list their attic contents?

Photos a bonus...

Remember, this was David's idea so he should get all the kudos.. :)

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I think I have a problem now that I've looked in the attic, first time in a long time:

Two 1/32 Gee Bee plastic models (Z and R model), all NIB.
1/48 scale B-58 Hustler
And too many other model airplanes to note here.
Three 1/18 scale McLaren plastic models (used to build my M8 look-alike)

One 1/96 scale Saturn 5 rocket (big sucka). This one I can't wait to build when I start to slow down a bit! NIB

Here's one the old folks can appreciate; Two Comet balsa wood models (this was back in the day when you actually had to build up a wing or fuselage). A Piper Cub and a P-51 Mustang. NIB

Multiple other Apollo, Lunar Lander, and Soyuze models.

My original racing bike, a Metcalfe-Ketching-Mason frame (Back in the '70s, the Brits built a helluva nice bike) along with my old cycling attire, including a leather-strap helmet that wouldn't have done me a bit of good in a bad accident. The frame needs to be rebuilt and painted. The craftsmanship was a work of art. I remember bringing it home, and dad asking my what I paid for it ($$$$ in '70s dollars). He still tells that story to this day.

Two duffel bags full of powerlifting crap I used to allow my body to lift weights (after I quit cycling) it was never designed to do (I'm paying for that now), and Kajukembo/wing chun/kickboxing stuff that I'll also never use again (again allowing me to push joint limits beyond what they were designed to do (I'm paying for that now as well).

Another great British contribution to aviation; a binder full of Aeroplane Monthly magazines from the '70s. This was by far the best magazine I ever...(okay, Scientific American is a close second)...subscribed to.

Box of Astronomy Magazine issues from the '70s

Some Scientific American magazines from the '70s and '80s.

Other "brown paper wrapper" magazines still hanging around from the '70s and '80s. Looking through them (briefly mind you) again, it's sad when you reach an age where the cartoons are more interesting than the "articles".

Several dozen movie posters from old war movies and science fiction movies.

A large (5 foot by 20 foot) banner from a 240Z car meet somewhere, that is really pretty cool! Has photos of all the models of Z-cars on it.

Ford Racing flags on one sort or another.

Six boxes of some really nice Pioneer audio equipment (reel-to-reel, turntable, equalizer, amp, tuner, etc) all of which could be replaced by something held in one hand now days.

Some of my old Tesla Coil equipment (plate glass capacitors, neon sign transformers, wire). Hmmm, now I know where all that stuff was when I was looking for it. How the hell I got these huge Variacs up here I have no idea! I'm surprised the floor hasn't collapsed

286 Computer with spare floppies (why is this still up here?)

Non-running Electrolux vacuum (see above)

Something that should be pushed back into the classroom...Some '50s era physics books. Some stuff never changes, but the way it is presented does. The old science books rocked!

And last but not least, 2.32 metric tons of my wife's Easter, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentines Day door treatments, yard items, interior decorations and 4-piece artificial tree that sends me over the edge each year when I assemble it for her. Regardless, the house does look festive all year long.

So in a nutshell, I basically described my entire life, from an attic's point of view. It now occurs to me my offspring will have one hell of a job cleaning out the house when they pat me in the face with a shovel.

George Carlin would be proud of my "stuff".

George Carlin Was Right About Your 'Stuff' (VIDEO)

Last edited:

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Insulation, dust, some broken slates, and a coule of trays of rat/mice bait is all. My garage, on the other hand....

Keith

Is that lot even safe up there Terry? :stunned:

What an amazing microcosm of someone's life as you say...

What's wrong with me? I have nothing in my attic...:sad:
(Except Jimmy of course)

2x gt40 windscreens.
3 boxes of 4x4 advacado ceramic tiles
a wasps nest
at least a tablespoon of mice droppings
4 suitcases
1 part roll of loft insulation
some outdoor halogen lamps
a pair of old speakers
2 bags of dismembered bodyparts ( the ex) :)

Bob

David, bloody brilliant thread idea, brilliant!

Terry, I'm with Charlie, funny as hell mate.

Keith, after looking at this lot I'm thinking "boot sale" (for the English) "garage sale" (for the Americans). I'm sure many are going to read these lists and want some of this stuff. BRM wheels, Mirage wheels, GT40 windscreens!! One man's junk is a another man's treasure......

Unfortunately i do not have an attack just a garage....3 race cars, Dodge A100 Pick Up, Wheels, Tires, Dodge Viper Collectables, Nextel Cup Car full Charger Wrap with 4 wheels,
Lionel Train that was mine as a younger child, Old Plastic Santa that lights up.riding bikes, Pit Cart, Lemans Posters Oreca Team, Old Baseball / Football Cards, Franklin Mint Cars (Corvettes) Plates (Viper / Corvette)
and anything else that might be in your Pap's Garage....Yes and there is a White / Blue FGT with 2K miles, and also some Dodge Vipers under all those collectables.......

Okay, just to mention a few items:
Various fiberglass seat shells. Lotus, MG midget, etc.
A few FRP moulds for various past projects (small parts)
Three house alarm systems
Boxes of marine hardware and electrical panels
Half-dozen solid mahogany doors scrounged from a demolition years ago.
Boxes of electrical house wiring of all sorts.
A couple handheld loud speakers??
Stuff that I can't reach without crawling across the ceiling.

BTW, do you know how to tell if your girlfriend is getting fat?
When she fits into your wife's clothes..

Back