Interested in your thoughts.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
This is what one Australian commentator thinks of Obama and the Middle East mess.
I'd be interested in your thoughts.

OBAMA TAKES THE U.S. FROM THE PENTHOUSE TO THE SHITHOUSE IN TWO SHORT TERMS

Only last year Syria’s President Bashar Assad was democratically elected. He stood against two other credible candidates and gained a clear majority.

Fifteen million Syrians voted but President Obama denies the election had legitimacy because al Nusra, al Queda, ISIS and rebel forces weren’t able to vote... WTF? It was they who disrupted the elections by bombing polling stations and killing 50 voters.

International countries monitoring the elections included India, Nicaragua, Russia, Iran, Bolivia, Brazil, Cuba, Ecuador, Iraq, South Africa and Venezuela. Hmmm, not the most illustrious of nations, but they claimed as one that the Presidential election was "free, fair and transparent".

Bashar Assad received over 80 per cent of the vote and will remain as the Head of State for at least another six years despite Obama’s dogged insistence on regime change... yet another proposed US inspired regime change without a credible governing body to take its place.

If you haven’t yet worked out that Obama is a blithering idiot, then you haven’t been paying attention. He sent the CIA into Saudi territory to train “moderate rebels” and supply them with arms.

But the CIA clearly couldn’t train a fish to swim because only four of 2,000 “trainees” completed the course at a cost of $100 million each. The rest predictably ran off to the rebel groups taking their military equipment with them.

Obama has now decided to parachute his military equipment into northern Syria and hope it gets to the right people. Fair dinkum you’d be excused for thinking this bloke was an undercover al Queda operative!

The chances of ISIS retrieving those parachutes is high... let’s face it, ISIS has always relied on capturing all its materiel from the US, so why would these parachute drops be any different?

Obama is now denigrating Putin for moving in to clean up his mess. Reports that China will join in the fight against ISIS may be premature but Putin was recently in Beijing for a reason.

He has seen the emerging alliance between the Taliban and ISIS who share the same outrageous version of Wahhabist Islam. He has also seen Obama’s determination to get out of Afghanistan leaving yet another void to be filled, this time by an eager Pakistan.

Afghanistan borders China and, as with the USSR in the 70s, is far too close for Russia’s comfort.

Putin needed to act decisively to clean up the unholy mess that Obama has left in the Middle East, Northern Africa and Asia. It seems incredible that one fool, using the executive power of a Commander in Chief, can cause that amount of damage in such a short time.

Now, after Friday prayers of course, the Palestinian Israeli conflict has flared up again, Obama has sent his number one trouble shooter, Sec of State John Kerry, off to lambast Netanyahu for daring to protect his citizens from knife attacks.

You remember John Kerry don’t you? He was the one who ensured Iran goes nuclear... but not until after Obama leaves office.

Chuck

Supporter
I would say that is a pretty good analysis.

Judging from the administration's behavior rather than it words could lead one to conclude that the commander in chief is an Islamic sympathizer. How else can its behavior be explained?

America used to be respected, now countries laugh at us. Only took a short 6 1/2 years of bowing and groveling to accomplish this. For a job as important as the President of the US you would think there would be some qualifications necessary, not so, all that's need is to apologize for the US and shuck and jive on as many late night shows and anything hosted by Whoopee Goldberg or Oprah. And John "whiner" Kerry, does anyone ever get into Palestine's shit for screwing with Israel? The last 6 1/2 years have been a joke, but then that's GW Bush's fault!
Pete, be prepared for a minimal amount replies, there is a serious case of "don't want to get involved" on this site! But that's why BO is in office.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Skimming over the O.P., I didn't see a thing with which I disagreed.

On a scale of 1 - 10 with "10" being a strong, effective, competent, decisive, respected, or, if you prefer, FEARED leader, Obama would rate a -15...and Kerry would rate no higher.

Two more completely clueless, feckless individuals who have ever "led(?)" this country would be darned near impossible to find. In fact, I'd venture a guess none COULD.

Carter would probably feel good about that.

I am not allowed an opinion so these are my thoughts, Obama is merely the face and voice of the left wing lunatics that pull the strings from within his party. Does anyone really think this man makes these decisions all by himself? Anyway the Mericuns put them in office so shame on the lot of you :lipsrsealed:

Bob

Keith

I was going to say that it's the message that's wrong not necessarily the man. Don't know the guy and it's difficult to make any kind of value judgement based solely on biased media and political opponents with their respective predictable rants.

If you could blame it all on one man, it would be a more understandable situation but I fail to see how he could have taken all strategic decisions himself which speaks volumes for the ineptitude or plain myopia of his advisers both civilian and military as per Bob's post.

The Syrian debacle is beyond belief..It seems that the Pentagon/CIA have learned nothing of their foe these past 20 years..

I should add that there's more than a bit of history here too. Syria was the first "regime change" engineered by the fledgling CIA immediately following World War II and how they achieved it makes interesting reading in the kind of skullduggery that is now second nature to this decidedly sinister organisation. The coup led directly to the Assad's domination of the region for the past 50 years or so. Sound familiar?

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Anyway the Mericuns put them in office so shame on the lot of you :lipsrsealed:

'Couldn't agree more.

Even though the electorate K-N-E-W about (or should have known if they'd been paying even the slightest bit of attention) Obama's shady past and radical left leanings, they elected him the 1st time around. And then - despite the fact he shoved Obamacare down our throats and pulled all the OTHER crap he pulled in his FIRST term - they elected him AGAIN!!! How D-U-M-B can people be? :veryangry:

One can only "hope" the electorate has finally wised up. But, given the fact that Billary STILL LEADS in the polls on the Demo side despite all the g-a-r-b-a-g-e in HER closet, I'm not at all confident they have. The 'gimme-gimme' crowd will vote for whoever promises to give 'em the most 'freebees'...and currently they number somewhere around 50% of the population here in the U.S. They don't CARE about the fact we'll be $20 T-R-I-L-L-I-O-N 'in the hole' by the time Obama leaves - THEY WANT THEIR FREEBEES. ISIS, Iran, N. Korea, Putin, China and all the rest of the issues we face these days don't even register on their 'radar'.

I truly fear for my kids' and grandkids' future right now. :shifty:

I agree 100% with that article. Unfortunately, too many knuckleheads in this country care only about themselves and the handouts that is their "right" to have. Liberalism is a mental disorder. It is the disease that will destroy this great nation.

Keith

Hi Justin. There are several members of a Liberal persuasion on this board including others from various nations.. Liberalism is not a disease and generally people who believe in a more benign society are certainly not suffering from a mental illness in fact I would say that the world would welcome a less hawkish approach to solving our mutual problems. TO suggest that our mutual friends with whom you exchange pleasantries on a daily basis are suffering from a 'disease' is in contravention of the spirit of our fraternity, so I hope you can find a way to continue to contribute with a slightly less confrontational approach.

Thank you..

One can only "hope" the electorate has finally wised up.

You would like to think lessons were learned and attitudes changed but.....................:veryangry:

But, given the fact The 'gimme-gimme' crowd will vote for whoever promises to give 'em the most 'freebees'...and

Tiz called human nature Larry :worried:

I truly fear for my kids' and grandkids' future right now. :shifty:

With age I too worry about whats in store for our children, its not just a Mericun thing :thumbsdown:

Bob

Pete, if the world didn't suck we'd all fall off!
Politically it's the same everywhere. The only difference is the direction of flow when you flush the toilet.

If Obama had been totally white, he would have never been elected. Every time I hear someone say that they cried the night Obama was elected because they had something to do with electing the first black (1/2 black) president I want to puke. That is the theme of the entire presidency, great reason to elect a president. Liberal mindset.

Unfortunately it appears that a large portion of the voters are mainly interested in if the beer is cold yet and when does the game start.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Col. With all due respect..........I swore a oath a long time age to defend this country from all enemies both foreign and domestic.

Obama and the democrat party ARE the domestic enemy...............it's as simple as that. No one BUT an enemy would knowingly do what the demos and Obama have done to this country. The good news is more Americans are waking up to this fact every day. We'll survive him and his communist party friends, that's right I AM saying the democrat party IS a full on Marxism style communist party.

Keith

Hi Howard, I have no doubt that America is going through political turmoil at present, but my main point was (and is) to show some restraint which includes NOT labelling fellow board members as "mentally ill" or "diseased." Of course, if it becomes difficult to share this space with fellow citizens who happen to be Democrats, then perhaps a suitably Republican web site could be found that fully supports only Conservative views.

As an aside, it would seem that the US Democrats are our left of centre Conservatives. Now, if you want full on Marxism then I suggest you look up the "honourable" Jeremy Corbin who aspires to be British Prime Minister from 2020, and he has a great deal of support at this time. Some of his policies are intensely Liberal and make a great deal of social sense whilst others are bordering on full on treachery. How would unilaterally abandoning the independent nuclear deterrent, removing ourselves from NATO and dropping all border controls grab you? We would call them the Loony Left and they almost scuppered us last time they were in the ascendancy.

I believe the USA Democrats have a very long way to go before they're even in the same ballpark.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Considering that everything we touch ends up worse than it was before we touched it (Middle East), I'm not sure what the right answer would be. We don't understand those folks, but we think we do. It's the perfect "frequently in error, rarely in doubt" situation for us over there, and in that respect, this president/congress is no different than those before.

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
Col.. Agreed, I try not to individually attract people here on this forum because ...........well it's not very nice I guess. My statement pretty much responds directly to the question posed by this thread and that's my purpose in its content.

Back