Before its too late

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
How many different ways are there of telling people - say between 65 and 70 years old to enjoy the remainder of their life.

One or two I've picked up :
The finish line is approaching quicker than you think.
Dont worry, you are shuffling towards the front of the queue anyway.

Think of a few more for me as I am 1/3 of the people in a meeting in London on Dec 16th and I am trying to get about 300 people plus their wives to come out for a R.A.F. Coastal Command reunion in London before it's too late.

Thanks. AND I've decided to get an Aston Martin after the winter weather. BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
Agree completely and the is true at 46.

I bought an Aston last Christmas -- 2012 V12 Vantage. Astons are fantastic cars -- limited e-nannies, manual tranny in mine, no turbos, big ass silky smooth V12, cool hand made Britshit. I love the car. enjoy yours -- DB9/DBS or Vantage?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Marcus - I thought if I get the next one in the sequel to yours then you'll have one to ride over here and I'll have one to ride in Germany. Have you had any word from Alessandro?

Keith

The usual idioms apply here David I think..

Drinking in the Last Chance Saloon
Sitting in God's Waiting Room
The light at the end of the tunnel has gone out
The last lifeboat has gone
Down to the last bullet
Aces and Eights (Dead Man's Hand)
You're at the end of the runway
The Final Furlong
Running on Empty

What a jolly thread!

Good luck with the Aston - you could race Mr Peekford next year... :thumbsup:
Of course, I already have a 2 seater Mercedes.....(turbocharged)

So there..

Marcus - I thought if I get the next one in the sequel to yours then you'll have one to ride over here and I'll have one to ride in Germany. Have you had any word from Alessandro?

Now that´s a charming thought...love it.

Alessandro called me this week tellung me that everything is on its way to me in a big parcel. We´ll see.

I used to have the old square shaped Vantage and always promised myself another Aston when the newer shapes appeared buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut these things have caught my eye now:huh::huh: I might start selling off some property :evil:

Bob

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
It will be a Vantage. Of that I have no doubt.

Good choice in my view. The Vanquish is just too epensive, and the DB9 too soft.

The Vantage is stunning in person, and the V8 an amazing, balanced sports car. The steering is nearly as good as that on my Exige. Brakes good. Handling and turn in good. The V12 in mine disturbs weight balance a bit but it is an amazing motor.

Great, great cars and post 2007ish pretty damn reliable.

I used to have the old square shaped Vantage and always promised myself another Aston when the newer shapes appeared buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut these things have caught my eye now:huh::huh: I might start selling off some property :evil:

Bob

My Bentley pictures have gorn, tiz the work of the devil or keef.:laugh:

Hi Dave, why not a Ferrari. Last toys are amazing ones, and you like the country too.
take one, thurst me my friend :)

Ciao also to all you guys. Time by time I check the forum, even if for now my dream to own a car is gone for too many reason (including actually I prefer sail A class catamarans..)

Hope you all are doing well, and first of all, the mythical keith !!

a presto amici
Paolo

Keith

Hi Dave, why not a Ferrari. Last toys are amazing ones, and you like the country too.
take one, thurst me my friend :)

Ciao also to all you guys. Time by time I check the forum, even if for now my dream to own a car is gone for too many reason (including actually I prefer sail A class catamarans..)

Hope you all are doing well, and first of all, the mythical keith !!

a presto amici
Paolo

Hey Paulo! You old dawg...:)

How's it hanging? :laugh:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Paolo,
Where have you been ?

ps -I nearly had a Dino when I worked in Jersey. Unusual black with red leather for £6000
in 1980. I had a black MGBGT instead as it was new and half the price.
Oh dear !

Back