Trump Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following article is the best explanation of the "Trump phenomena" that I have seen.

John

"David Limbaugh is Rush's brother. The man is an extremely articulate and eloquent wordsmith with what appears to be a superlative talent for framing his arguments in visceral terms. His discussion below pretty much puts America's political scene, as being impacted by Trump, into crystal clear focus. ffice:eek:ffice" /><?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com
FONT><BR><FONT color=black><FONT face=Arial>People are mortified by the nation's fiscal instability, its unbridled national debt, its spiraling entitlements and Washington's refusal to address them. They are sick of the fraudulent spending
<o:p></o:p>
People are sick of politically correct bullies. They are exhausted by lectures about not paying their fair share when half the income earners don't pay income taxes. They are fed up with lies about decreasing unemployment rates when tens of millions have dropped out of the workforce.<o:p></o:p>
Every other week, we face a new existential threat to the nation -- threats perpetrated or enabled by Obama and the Washington establishment. But the establishment meets these perils with barely disguised indifference. Islamic terrorism is overrunning the Middle East and has reached our mainland, and Obama doesn't dare whisper its name. Obama refuses to enforce the borders; he orders his administration not to enforce immigration laws; he lawlessly grants amnesty to millions of immigrants who are here illegally; and he and his party set up sanctuary cities that harbor criminal immigrants.<o:p></o:p>
Last year, we faced an invasion from Central America; now, in the name of compassion, we are inviting in Syrian refugees -- some 72 percent of whom are, curiously, men. Are we afraid to wonder aloud whether those who sidestep the legal immigration process will embrace the American idea.? Whether they will end up on the welfare rolls.? <o:p></o:p>
With Congress' help, Obama bypassed the Constitution's treaty clause and entered into a reckless, non-verifiable nuke deal with Iran and will give the Iranians a $150 billion signing bonus to fund terrorism and build ballistic missiles.<o:p></o:p>
So where does that leave us.?<o:p></o:p>
People have heard one too many times that the Republican Party, if it regains control, will turn things around. Republicans have been so timid in opposing Obama's agenda that many have quit believing they'll reverse this madness if they acquire full control.<o:p></o:p>
Along comes Trump, who gives voice to these legitimate grievances instead of calling people racist, selfish or hysterical. He emphasizes the urgency of these problems, and he denounces the status quo, the establishment, Washington inertia and political correctness without an ounce of apology. People are dehydrated, and he's their Gatorade®.<o:p></o:p>
Whether Trump could or would deliver on his promises is one thing, but the establishment's arrogant failure to acknowledge, let alone decry the horror of, the status quo is his lifeblood. If Trump is a monster, the establishment is Dr. Frankenstein, so please spare us the lectures.<o:p></o:p>
I happen to prefer other candidates, and certain things about Trump make me nervous; but I appreciate that he is shaking things up, and I refuse to belittle Trump's supporters for believing he would be more effective than many of his establishment rivals. Our forefathers' precious gift of liberty to us is not self-sustaining, and if we don't quit kicking it to the curb, it will leave us, never to return.<o:p></o:p>
David Limbaugh<o:p></o:p>
David Limbaugh is a writer, author and attorney. Follow him on Twitter @davidlimbaugh and his website at http://www.davidlimbaugh.com/."<o:p></o:p>

Keith

Not really Bob, seeing as you of all people seem to get a somewhat peverse pleasure from winding people up in this area...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Jeez, I thought that's something I can get my teeth into. Aw well back to my knitting.
Actually Keith I think the post should be deleted albeit I agree with the sentiments expressed, if you are not allowing the other side the right of reply it should go.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Lots of inflammatory rhetoric in that article, with little positive about Trump but a lot of rather questionable accusations against a very popular POTUS.

Nothing new here, Col. Mustard...I predict a deterioration into the same angst we saw in the past. I say lock the thread...just MHO, but the paddock seems to have been a much more friendly place since politics was removed as a topic of conversation (...and that comes from one member who WAS quite politically verbal when politics was the topic of the day).

Your choice, Keith...I can easily ignore the thread in the future, but if this "foot in the door" opens up politics again I fear business as usual before political discussions were halted.

Cheers, Keith, for whatever you choose to do. Moderating is a thankless job and you have made a very welcome contribution to the "tone" of exchanges in the paddock :thumbsup:

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back