GT40s.com
MK-I  MK-II  MK-III  MK-IV  GULF  MIRAGE  J-CAR  LOLA
GT40s.com
Home Forum Gallery Support GT40s.com  
Register FAQ Advertisers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GT40s.com > >

Notices

The Paddock Enter at your own risk.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th May 2016, 01:05 PM   #61
Mark Pickford's Avatar
Mark Pickford
Bronze Supporter
United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ENGLAND
GT40: GT40 Arch Rival
Posts: 2,604
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

I agree with everything you've said there, Larry.

Sad truth, there isn't anyone to vote for, is there, but we really shouldn't vote for Trump, just because everyone else is crap too.

The answer lies in not voting for anyone. Make the Political whores have to change the entire system and their entire approach.

What we have all endured over at least the last 50 years, has run its course. By voting for Trump, you're just reassuring the entire 'system' that we really are as farking stupid as they like to think we are.
Mark Pickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 02:14 PM   #62
40bud's Avatar
40bud
10 tenths
United States
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francosco a
GT40: GTD Finished in
Posts: 1,024
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Voting for no one is abdicating your rights to cause change. Voting for Trump is voting for what you see is what you get. Voting for Hillary is voting for what you don't know is what you get. Not voting is saying I don't care what I get. Take your choice - out of the three I'll take Trump.
40bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 03:11 PM   #63
Larry L.
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United States
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington St.
GT40: none. YET.
Posts: 2,521
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pickford View Post
The answer lies in not voting for anyone.
Let's assume that, in fact, literally NO ONE votes on either side. Then what? Who would be the next 'prez' and HOW would that be determined? I'm not aware of any provision anywhere in the constitution that provides a procedure for that situation. Or, let's assume only the GOPs don't vote. That would mean either Billary or Bernie will be prez. Bottom line: Not voting is not an option.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pickford View Post
By voting for Trump, you're just reassuring the entire 'system' that we really are as farking stupid as they like to think we are.
Actually, just by giving Trump the 'nod' in the primaries, the GOP faithful have put "the establishment" on notice that 'business as usual' in the party will no longer be tolerated by the party's 'unclean masses'. They WILL BE LISTENED TO - OR ELSE. They will no longer accept the party's "establishment candidates" promising one thing and doing something else - or NOTHING at all. The same basic message has been conveyed to the Demo "establishment" via their faithful's support for Sanders this time around rather than just marching in lock-step support for 'Billary's' coronation.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Pickford View Post
By voting for Trump, you're just reassuring the entire 'system' that we really are as farking stupid as they like to think we are.
A vote for Trump is in fact a vote against "the system". You have to remember, the GOP "establishment" H-A-T-E-S Trump and is doing (and HAS DONE) everything it can think of to deny him the nomination.


Last edited by Larry L.; 17th May 2016 at 03:30 PM.
Larry L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 03:59 PM   #64
Pete's Avatar
Pete
Lifetime Premier Supporter
Australia
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brisbane, Austr
GT40: GT40 Australia.
Posts: 8,416
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Given that most of the media despise Trump, the establishment in his own party will do everything it can not to nominate him and Hillary supporters hate him, makes me want to support him. Sadly i cannot.
__________________
Cheers, Pete.
Queensland Australia.
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
DRB #48
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 04:19 PM   #65
Larry L.
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United States
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington St.
GT40: none. YET.
Posts: 2,521
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Even if all that were not the case, Pete, Trump's the only NON-politician, NON-insider, NON-party-liner, NON-lobbyist-run-puppet on the ballot.
Larry L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 09:52 PM   #66
Big-Foot's Avatar
Big-Foot
Administrator
United States
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Kenyon, MN
GT40: Gulf Cart
Posts: 6,571
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Given that most of the media despise Trump, the establishment in his own party will do everything it can not to nominate him and Hillary supporters hate him, makes me want to support him. Sadly i cannot.
Frankly, I think there's nothing further from the truth... Trump sells air time... Everytime he opens his mouth, people stop, look and listen...
We may well be seeing the beginning of the end of DFL and GOP parties. While Trump may have angered a few (thousand? Million?) people, he's not guilty of playing fast and loose with top secret materials that could compromise our country's security and more.
How Mrs Clinton has escaped legal action is beyond me and many.

The USA needs a solid businessman as well as a statesman. Granted DT is not a statesman, but I doubt like hell that he would bow down before a Saudi king. And as far as business prowess - I think Obama has proven that he couldn't manage a lemonade stand on the corner.

As far as not voting at all - if you are an American citizen and of voting age - you need to vote. If you don't vote, you forfeit your right to b!tch..
__________________
Regards - Randy
-- Youth and talent are no match for old age and treachery!
GT40 RCR40 #45 G50-331-Weber IDAs ((Sold))
My build site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Big-Foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2016, 11:11 PM   #67
Larry L.
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United States
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington St.
GT40: none. YET.
Posts: 2,521
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
How Mrs Clinton has escaped legal action is beyond me and many.
If news reports to date have been accurate about what Billary's done, it's safe to assume any one of US who had done the same thing(s) would already be in the slammer.
Larry L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 09:40 PM   #68
Pete's Avatar
Pete
Lifetime Premier Supporter
Australia
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brisbane, Austr
GT40: GT40 Australia.
Posts: 8,416
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

I really was in a quandary as to where to post this, it's a comment on PC and how stupid we have become. Maybe a joke but I don't think so.
School Days...then and now !





SCHOOL - 1950s v 2015


Scenario :
Johnny and Mark get = A into a fight after school.

1950s - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up best friends.

2015 - Police called, and they arrest Johnny and Mark & charge them with assault.
Both expelled even though Johnny started it.
Both children go to anger management programmes for 3 months.
School governors hold meeting to implement bullying prevention programmes.

--------------------------

Scenario :
Robbie won't be still in class, disrupts other students.

1950s - Robbie sent to the office and given six of the best by the Principal.
Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.

2015 - Robbie given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADHD – result deemed to be positive. Robbie's parents get fortnightly disability payments and school gets extra funding from government because Robbie has a disability.

--------------------------

Scenario :
Billy breaks a window in his neighbour's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.

1950s - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.

2015 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy removed to foster care; joins a gang; ends up in jail.

--------------------------

Scenario :
Mark gets a headache and takes some Aspirin to school.

1950s - Mark gets glass of water from Principal to take aspirin with, Passes exams & becomes a solicitor.

2015 - Police called, car searched for drugs and weapons.
Mark expelled from school for drug taking. Ends up as a drop out.

--------------------------

Scenario :
Johnny takes apart leftover fireworks from Guy Fawkes night, puts them in a paint tin & blows up a wasp's nest.

1950s - Wasps die.

2015- Police & Anti-Terrorism Squad called. Johnny charged with domestic terrorism, investigate parents, siblings removed from home, computers confiscated.
Johnny's Dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly in an aeroplane again.

--------------------------

Scenario :
Johnny falls over while playing football during morning break and scrapes his knee.
He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. She hugs him to comfort him.

1950s - In a short time, Johnny feels better and goes on playing football. No damage done.

2015 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces 3 years in prison.
Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy and ends up gay.
__________________
Cheers, Pete.
Queensland Australia.
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
DRB #48
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 10:45 PM   #69
Larry L.
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United States
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington St.
GT40: none. YET.
Posts: 2,521
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

^^^ That pretty much sums it up...
Larry L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 10:18 AM   #70
JeffYoung
10 tenths
United States
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
GT40: MOPAR Bisches
Posts: 1,810
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Well,I can't say I'm surprised to come here and find the Ugly American brigade supporting Trump. To my friends overseas, while there is a chance we elect this jackass, I'm hoping that most moderates and reasonable Republicans will reject him like they did Palin.

The fact of the matter IS that Trump is misogynist. His record with women is terrible. He literally insulted a news anchor at a debate by claiming she had "blood coming out of her you know what." He bragged about the size of his dick at another debate. AT A PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE. The crap he has said and done with women over the years is inexcusable. He's racist. He thinks Hispanics are rapists and crooks by nature. He thinks we should ban Muslims from entering the country.

He's not "constitutionalist" like a lot of right wingers falsely claim to be -- and their support of him shows how little they really care about the Constitution and the principles that underlie it. He doesn't respect the Constitution - see said ban which would violate the 1st Amendment. He thinks the 1st Amendment should be limited so that when people attack him politically, he can use his wealth to sue them and shut them down. The founders would be abhorred by this. Competely abhorred.

He has not grasp of foreign policy other than to bully. He thinks he can threaten Mexico into paying for a border wall. Vladimir Putin LIKES HIM. Well, he says he does. Putin is no idiot and realizes an America with a Drumpf (his real family name by the way) as President will only be weaker. It will result in less support for NATO and Putin will have more leeway to operate in the Baltics and the Ukraine/Belorussia.

His domestic policy is entirely incoherent. Debate after debate he says NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING about policy other than he will "make America great again." It's truly Hitler-esque and white male Americans -- his only real base of support -- are eating it up, just like white Germans did in the 30s.

And good businessman? What a joke. 12 of his companies have gone bankrupt. He started with daddy's money and has underperformed the New York real estate market over the last 40 years. He's made money on reality shows and self-congratulatory books, and his "brand." Not real nuts and bolts business acumen.

I'm not surprised Larry is on the Trump Train -- and he is, despite what he says above. He'll gleefully vote Trump in November. But I'm just disappointed in Randy. Randy seems like the typical moderate Republican who, for example, realized Palin was a complete idiot and didn't vote for McCain as a result.

And Obama bowing before a Saudi King? When is respect for other cultures bad? You realize that kind of He-Man American bullshit is what drives people around the world crazy?

And Obama as a bad steward of the economy? Uh, ok. Let's see. Deficit in 2008: 1.4 trilion. Now: 450 billion. Stock market: 7000. Now: 17500. Unemployment rate: 10%. Now: 5%

And Clinton and Benghazi? What our FoxNewsFeeders here won't tell you is that Secretary Clinton was completely exonerated by the House REpublican committee on Benghazi. And her emails? She placed them on a secure server at her house, versus say Colin Powell who used freaking Gmail and Yahoomai for his. Was it dumb for her to do it? Maybe. Was it some treasonous crime? No, that's just misgynistic, pathological Clinton hate - which approaches the pathological hate a lot of conservative white males have for the President.
JeffYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 03:02 PM   #71
Professor Plumpe
Moderator
Keith1's Avatar
Keith1
School for Scandal
United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wessex
Posts: 9,699
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Now come on Pete, you made some of that up didn't you? I mean the bit about the police being called and actually turning up on the same day???
__________________
Eluceat Omnibus Lux
Keith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 03:27 PM   #72
Professor Plumpe
Moderator
Keith1's Avatar
Keith1
School for Scandal
United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Wessex
Posts: 9,699
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Jeff, funnily enough, your summation does not tally with recent opinions here amongst the rank & file, although predictably, the left continue to despise him. He has swung some opinion here due mainly to his performance against the unspeakable Piers Morgan, and others so it remains to be seen whether his Primary face continues to be presented during the actual Presidential election..assuming he wins the Primary. (He may have already and if so I apologise for being behind the times).

There is an old truism in any business, military or political scenario and that is that people will gravitate towards a strong man. (or woman).

If Trump is perceived to be 'strong' by the proletariat, and that strength is perceived to be the desired asset, he will win. No question. Even those who fundamentally disagree with everything he stands for will vote for him if they perceive he can give them security and can tackle global terrorism head on.

You only have to look at the reaction to Putin's actions in Syria over the past few months. He has won many admirers in the West due to his apparent decisiveness, never mind the morality or the legality. We are facing a world crisis of extremist violence - people say "hang the niceties - we want action, or, we want protection"

I do not attempt to legitimise or justify Putin or Trump, merely report some groundswell of public opinion at a low level and comparisons between Trump & Putin are extremely valid for that reason..

Remember, partly in response to the migrant crisis, Europe is turning Right and Trump may be perfectly placed to captalise on that..
__________________
Eluceat Omnibus Lux
Keith1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 04:48 PM   #73
Pete's Avatar
Pete
Lifetime Premier Supporter
Australia
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brisbane, Austr
GT40: GT40 Australia.
Posts: 8,416
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith1 View Post
Now come on Pete, you made some of that up didn't you? I mean the bit about the police being called and actually turning up on the same day???
Lol, American and Aussie cops must be quicker than your average Bobby.
__________________
Cheers, Pete.
Queensland Australia.
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
DRB #48
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 04:55 PM   #74
molleur's Avatar
molleur
Bronze Supporter
United States
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Florida
GT40: SL-C LS1/930LSD
Posts: 7,082
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away".
__________________
Happily deplorable!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
molleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2016, 05:06 PM   #75
Pete's Avatar
Pete
Lifetime Premier Supporter
Australia
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Brisbane, Austr
GT40: GT40 Australia.
Posts: 8,416
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Jeff you may find this interesting, he says at the start Don't worry he is going to do similar on Trump. https://youtu.be/-dY77j6uBHI
What amazes me is given a population of around 324 million Trump and Hillary are the best you could come up with as potential leaders of the free world.
__________________
Cheers, Pete.
Queensland Australia.
The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it.
DRB #48
Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2016, 07:48 AM   #76
Larry L.
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United States
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington St.
GT40: none. YET.
Posts: 2,521
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
Well,I can't say I'm surprised to come here and find the Ugly American brigade supporting Trump. To my friends overseas, while there is a chance we elect this jackass, I'm hoping that most moderates and reasonable Republicans will reject him like they did Palin.

The fact of the matter IS that Trump is misogynist. His record with women is terrible. He literally insulted a news anchor at a debate by claiming she had "blood coming out of her you know what." He bragged about the size of his dick at another debate. AT A PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE. The crap he has said and done with women over the years is inexcusable. He's racist. He thinks Hispanics are rapists and crooks by nature. He thinks we should ban Muslims from entering the country.

He's not "constitutionalist" like a lot of right wingers falsely claim to be -- and their support of him shows how little they really care about the Constitution and the principles that underlie it. He doesn't respect the Constitution - see said ban which would violate the 1st Amendment. He thinks the 1st Amendment should be limited so that when people attack him politically, he can use his wealth to sue them and shut them down. The founders would be abhorred by this. Competely abhorred.

He has not grasp of foreign policy other than to bully. He thinks he can threaten Mexico into paying for a border wall. Vladimir Putin LIKES HIM. Well, he says he does. Putin is no idiot and realizes an America with a Drumpf (his real family name by the way) as President will only be weaker. It will result in less support for NATO and Putin will have more leeway to operate in the Baltics and the Ukraine/Belorussia.

His domestic policy is entirely incoherent. Debate after debate he says NOTHING. Absolutely NOTHING about policy other than he will "make America great again." It's truly Hitler-esque and white male Americans -- his only real base of support -- are eating it up, just like white Germans did in the 30s.

And good businessman? What a joke. 12 of his companies have gone bankrupt. He started with daddy's money and has underperformed the New York real estate market over the last 40 years. He's made money on reality shows and self-congratulatory books, and his "brand." Not real nuts and bolts business acumen.

I'm not surprised Larry is on the Trump Train -- and he is, despite what he says above. He'll gleefully vote Trump in November. But I'm just disappointed in Randy. Randy seems like the typical moderate Republican who, for example, realized Palin was a complete idiot and didn't vote for McCain as a result.

And Obama bowing before a Saudi King? When is respect for other cultures bad? You realize that kind of He-Man American bullshit is what drives people around the world crazy?

And Obama as a bad steward of the economy? Uh, ok. Let's see. Deficit in 2008: 1.4 trilion. Now: 450 billion. Stock market: 7000. Now: 17500. Unemployment rate: 10%. Now: 5%

And Clinton and Benghazi? What our FoxNewsFeeders here won't tell you is that Secretary Clinton was completely exonerated by the House REpublican committee on Benghazi. And her emails? She placed them on a secure server at her house, versus say Colin Powell who used freaking Gmail and Yahoomai for his. Was it dumb for her to do it? Maybe. Was it some treasonous crime? No, that's just misgynistic, pathological Clinton hate - which approaches the pathological hate a lot of conservative white males have for the President.

Sooooo...lemme sum up (so to speak):

Trump is a "jackass", a "bully", a "misogynist", a Nazi (Hitler-esque...'same thing), and a "racist"...those who support him are "Ugly Americans"... and "a lot" of conservative white males who support him are "pathological haters" as well...aaaaand Trump is also a failure as a businessman (even though he's worth $10 Billion or so). 'Got it.


On the other hand, Clinton has done nothing wrong even though she's the target of an FBI criminal investigation...so, I guess the FBI must also be a "misgynistic" (misogynistic), pathological, and Clinton-hating bunch as well. And whereas Trump says "absolutely NOTHING" about his policies other than he will "make America great again", Mr. Young implies Clinton has spelled out all her policies in intricate microscopic detail...and he basically says Obama has proven to be God's gift to America and the world as well. 'Got all that, too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
And Obama as a bad steward of the economy? Uh, ok. Let's see. Deficit in 2008: 1.4 trilion. Now: 450 billion. Stock market: 7000. Now: 17500. Unemployment rate: 10%. Now: 5%"
What Mr. Young neglects to mention is: (1) the federal DEBT has gone from $10.63 Trillion when Bush left office to over $19.2 Trillion currently...and estimates are it will be over $20 Trillion by the time the moving van pulls up to the White House, (2) The stock market is where it is today due to The Fed dropping interest rates to practically Z-E-R-O, thereby forcing people to enter the 'market in order to have any hope at all of growing their wealth while receiving an income, (3) today's REAL unemployment rate is closer to 11% if the unemployed who aren't counted are factored in, IOW those who have exhausted their unemployment bennies and those who have just plain given up looking for work (Obama said the unemployment rate wouldn't rise above 8% if congress passed the "stimulus bill" - congress DID pass it, and the unemployment rate went to 10.84% if I remember correctly), (4) the "labor participation rate" is the l-o-w-e-s-t it's been in darned near 40 years. In addition, the 5% unemployment figure doesn't distinguish between PART TIME and FULL TIME employment. Further, if anyone works a minimum of 1 hour a week and is paid at least $20 for it, said person is NOT counted as "unemployed".
DONALD LAMBRO: Obama hides jobs failure by not counting long-term unemployed - Washington Times



Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
And Obama bowing before a Saudi King? When is respect for other cultures bad?
Name ONE OTHER president in the history of this country who's ever BOWED to the head of another country - be he the Saudi King or whomever. Like flying some other nation's flag ABOVE Old Glory - it just isn't done.



And then there's this little gem:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
I'm not surprised Larry is on the Trump Train -- and he is, despite what he says above. He'll gleefully vote Trump in November. (my emphasis)
So, basically, Mr. Young says I'm a liar. Mr. Young knows better than I precisely what I'm thinking. ("The Amazing Kreskin" had better move over!)

Fact: "I'm not a passenger on "Trump Train". But, I'm far, far, faaaaaaaaaar less of a fan of what's been going on over the past 7.5 years. THAT CRAP has to stop - IMMEDIATELY. Bernie or 'Billary' won't change any of it. That's a 'GIVEN'. If anything, either one of them would make things worse. So...aside from those two, who else is going to be on the ballot...?"

The last sentence explains why I'll be voting for Trump. I'm not really casting a vote for Trump as much as I'm voting AGAINST Billary or Bernie (for the reasons stated). If the GOP candidate were "Joe the plumber" - I'd vote for HIM.


'Done here...

Last edited by Larry L.; 21st May 2016 at 07:57 AM.
Larry L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2016, 10:39 AM   #77
YerDugliness's Avatar
YerDugliness
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United States
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: SW Kansas
GT40: 1/24 scale MKII
Posts: 2,262
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Been there...done the "...a vote against" rather than a vote for...I really had hoped the Repubs would step up their game and give us a reasonable option to what the Dems have. Didn't happen, we got a bombastic bozo instead.

Regardless of what the demographics of this forum indicate, the bottom line is that the majority of the population in the USA does not trust ANY of the current political choices, but particularly DISTRUSTS the offerings of the Repubs.

Our next POTUS will not be Republican. There are too many voters out there who feel disenfranchised and the Repubs are leading that headlong charge into the abyss😁

Cheers!!

Doug
__________________
YD,E./PNB

Retired twice, now back at work, but still attempting to age disgracefully
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
YerDugliness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 06:14 AM   #78
Mark Pickford's Avatar
Mark Pickford
Bronze Supporter
United Kingdom
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: ENGLAND
GT40: GT40 Arch Rival
Posts: 2,604
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40bud View Post
Voting for no one is abdicating your rights to cause change. Voting for Trump is voting for what you see is what you get. Voting for Hillary is voting for what you don't know is what you get. Not voting is saying I don't care what I get. Take your choice - out of the three I'll take Trump.
Hi Bud.

I agree. I should have made myself more clear. I did not mean don't vote at all. I meant vote for 'none of the above'. Spoil the ticket. Show you do care, by voting, but vote for no one.

The reality is, that most folks don't bother to vote, is a fundamental part that the 'system' relies upon to support its self. Then most people are too stupid to know how to hold the pen, or how to tick a box, so we need a system that prevents them from voting too.

No easy answers are there!
Mark Pickford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 01:51 PM   #79
40bud's Avatar
40bud
10 tenths
United States
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: San Francosco a
GT40: GTD Finished in
Posts: 1,024
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Makes you wonder what would happen if you could vote for or against candidates like you can for various ballot measures, Unfortunately you can only vote for candidates or ignore them.
40bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2016, 04:26 PM   #80
Larry L.
Lifetime Premier Supporter
United States
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Washington St.
GT40: none. YET.
Posts: 2,521
Re: GT40s.com Paddock Politics Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40bud View Post
Makes you wonder what would happen if you could vote for or against candidates...
...or had a box marked "none of the above".
Larry L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:04 AM.