Pop Quiz: What's the Difference Between AC/DC and Guns n' Roses?

Keith

At Coachella anyway....

Answers on a postcard, or just hit reply if it's more convenient.... :laugh:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
They are the same? Have you ever seen them BOTH in the same place at the same time?

More importantly, why would we care? (other than one has a car guy in it)

Keith

We care because for some of us, it was the soundtrack to our youth (wonderful and well aired rock n' roll cliche).

You'll have to keep up Rick. There is no longer a 'car guy' in AC/DC - he got fired whatever the papers might say. Brian Johnson's alleged response was "I've been kicked to the curb".

So, that brings us on to the pop quiz. What's the difference (at Coachella at least) between AC/DC and Guns n' Roses?

Bob, no cigarillo I'm afraid...

Keith

Ok thanks for your efforts. No cigars or Paddock points.

The answer to the question, what is the difference between AC/DC and Guns n' Roses is: Wait for it, wait for it:

Angus Young.

With breathtaking arrogance, scant regard for the paying public and writing a whole new episode of the Great Rock n' Roll Swindle, Gun's n' Roses recently reformed with a view to creaming off millions from lucrative festivals, those hitherto irreconcilable drug & alcohol fuelled adversaries Axl Rose and Slash Smith (whatever) appeared last weekend @ Coachella, everyone's favourite annual desert homage to Hipster culture.

You might have thought that $400 (sans accommodation or camping) for the weekend was worth the not inconsiderable inconvenience of witnessing the rehash of the surviving members of the '90's iconic rock outfit, but wait, Axl Rose singing in an armchair? WTF? OK so he might have sprained his foot poor lamb but it's hardly rock n' roll is it?

It gets worse. Hardly had the wailing chords of "Sweet Child of Mine" dissipated across the well beaten sward of the iconic Polo Club, then the next mega superstar band was announced on the main stage. "All the way from Australia, ladies & gentlemen - AC/DC!!" Yaay! mucho applause and cheering. But wait. Guns n' Roses haven't left the stage and Axl Rose is still sitting fatly on his commode.. and on prances Angus Young replete with the school uniform and iconic Gibson SG, and off they go. Again.

WTF?

Yes rock 'n roll fans, it was as seamless as that.

Quite disgraceful. I'm really not sure what Angus thinks he is doing because there is no doubt Brian Johnson was fired whatever the press might say and he has been the voice of AC/DC for 40 years or more..

So, you paid for 2 mega rock star bands and got 1.25 and a fat bastard sitting on a commode. Nice deal.

Attachments

• cache_40261074.jpg
    cache_40261074.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 161

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Ok thanks for your efforts. No cigars or Paddock points.

The answer to the question, what is the difference between AC/DC and Guns n' Roses is: Wait for it, wait for it:

Angus Young.

With breathtaking arrogance, scant regard for the paying public and writing a whole new episode of the Great Rock n' Roll Swindle, Gun's n' Roses recently reformed with a view to creaming off millions from lucrative festivals, those hitherto irreconcilable drug & alcohol fuelled adversaries Axl Rose and Slash Smith (whatever) appeared last weekend @ Coachella, everyone's favourite annual desert homage to Hipster culture.

You might have thought that $400 (sans accommodation or camping) for the weekend was worth the not inconsiderable inconvenience of witnessing the rehash of the surviving members of the '90's iconic rock outfit, but wait, Axl Rose singing in an armchair? WTF? OK so he might have sprained his foot poor lamb but it's hardly rock n' roll is it?

It gets worse. Hardly had the wailing chords of "Sweet Child of Mine" dissipated across the well beaten sward of the iconic Polo Club, then the next mega superstar band was announced on the main stage. "All the way from Australia, ladies & gentlemen - AC/DC!!" Yaay! mucho applause and cheering. But wait. Guns n' Roses haven't left the stage and Axl Rose is still sitting fatly on his commode.. and on prances Angus Young replete with the school uniform and iconic Gibson SG, and off they go. Again.

WTF?

Yes rock 'n roll fans, it was as seamless as that.

Quite disgraceful. I'm really not sure what Angus thinks he is doing because there is no doubt Brian Johnson was fired whatever the press might say and he has been the voice of AC/DC for 40 years or more..

So, you paid for 2 mega rock star bands and got 1.25 and a fat bastard sitting on a commode. Nice deal.

And I'm sure AC/DC/GNR gave back all of the loot they were paid as they had let the fans down.

And a lovely pig just flew over me dropping bacon treats and smoked ribs.

As you said (and should know having been in the business) "It's only rock 'n roll!"

Back