This Sceptre'd Isle

Keith

Absolutely Tony. Great post. The problem is, we have chosen to believe our own (and others') publicity/propaganda that as a nation, we suck...

Wracked with guilt through accusations of historical imperialism and continually belittled by the forces of the Left, it seems many citizens cannot wait to emigrate. But to where? Those who have travelled far and wide and experienced other so-called 'superior' countries/systems know there's no better place on God's earth. As you infer Tony, the process of self hatred was only accelerated following our membership of the EU which has whittled away the last vestiges of our national pride.

I have long held the view that in order to best judge ourselves as a nation, you have to ask a foreigner...They seem to know our worth very well..

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Excellent post Tony, as a foreign chap of dubious ancestry, I think the U.K. Is one of the nicest places on the planet and steeped in history. Your shit weather is the exception of course. No way you should merge with Europe.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Pete,
unfortunately we have politicians who will cheat and lie when it comes to the EU referendum so long as their political ambitions are appeased. I anticipate there will be lost boxes of voters forms in the marginal areas, and all sorts of other shady deals done so the pro EU will win.
It's the same in anything related to our high expense highly paid bastards that we call politicians. Cameron and his cabinet are just the start of the corruption.
Tony,
I watched the same program and our middle daughter lives at Coughton, very near to Stratford
so we meet up in Stratford. I park right next to the church where Shakespear is buried.
90% of that television program kept me spellbound. No other country can come anywhere near.

Last edited:
Back