today we lost the Butterfly

Sad to here today of the passing of the greatest sportsman we've ever seen, Mohamed Ali passed away,
RIP big guy.

kaspa

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
"Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. His hands can't hit what his eyes can't see. Now you see me, now you don't. George thinks he will, but I know he won't."

“Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” - Muhammad Ali

R.I.P., Champ.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I came very close to meeting him in the early 90's. He was supposed to be coming to stay for one night in Belagio ( BelAire) in Santa Monica. The Parkinsons syndrome had already started taking effect and the visit to John Daley was cancelled (John Daley - Promoter of the Rumble in the Jungle, an east ender, a life long boxing afficianado and from a boxing family, and film producer (Platoon? amongst others ). I met and got a bit squiffy with Hopper instead who had come to meet Ali as well. I still felt quite privileged anyway. I met quite a few boxers during my time as Flight Crew in BA including Mike Tyson.

I watched a short clip someone posted on face book today of Ali in the ring with a toddler in gloves giving him the good ole 1-2 and eventually floored him, then the little one went over and said sorry and kissed him better. that little one will remember day that for the rest of his life.

kaspa

Back