Father's Day UK

Keith

So, here I am sipping French Brandy, eating American chocolate (Cadbury's..boooo) watching F1 in Baku and wondering - what will it take for me to remember I am actually an Englishman and proud of it...

I guess we'll find out on Friday morning....

PS, I hasten to add, thanks to my two beautiful daughters.... :heart:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...I hasten to add, thanks to my two beautiful daughters.... :heart:

Ditto here. 'Got calls from both...'a card from our youngest (our eldest is ALWAYS late with cards! 'Has been since forever! :D)...and a great dinner and cocktails with wifey.

Life is good...faaaaaaaaar better than I deserve. 'No exaggeration.

Steve

Supporter
My daughter (10yo) hand made me a beautiful card and she and my wife gave me: "Speed Style and Beauty: the cars of Ralph Lauren" Say what you will about the little guy, he had a fantastic appreciation for truly beautiful rolling pieces of art.

My wife had a cold last week and was losing her voice by Friday. By Saturday it was completely gone. I told her it was the best Father's day gift ever.....

Keith

Talking of daughters, this is no.1

No.2 had a hangover and couldn't make it - just like her mother many years previously-ever !:veryangry:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
My daughter (10yo) hand made me a beautiful card...

My daughter's STILL hand-make their cards (B-day, Father's day, Christmas, whatever)....and they're 39 and 43-years-old!!! It's been a tradition around here since forever...one that I insisted they continue when they 'left the nest' - and they have!

Our little grandkids are now doing the same. 'Have since they first learned to hold a crayon or a small brush! :D

It's great... :happy:

Back