Paddock

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
'Fine with me, Ron. Whatever works/floats everyone's boat/keeps the piece/protects the 'sensibilities' of those who are easily 'upset' or 'offended' by anything political. I'll go along with whatever your illustrious self wants to see happen. ;)

(That said, just speaking for my own darned self, I don't personally sweat the political stuff. :D)
:chug:

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
I find myself wishing the old system were still in place. The "topic" of each thread allowed us to screen out topics in which we may have had little or no interest without needing to re-open the now only thread and see if the topic under discussion interests us.

I also miss some of our fellow forum members who, it seems to me, posted much more frequently than they do now. I believe I post less frequently in the political thread now...don't keep any hard data to prove it, just feels that way.

Cheers...and thanks for all you and the mod's do to keep this forum running so smooth!

Doug

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I agree with Mike D. on this one. He is a very wise man. Keep it cars here. Go to the Yellow Bullet for the rest.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
How about a "super-secret, double probation" area for those who have been on here and have been vetted?

Is it possible to offer an alternate universe Paddock for those who want to attempt to change someone else's mind on a forum? That way we don't scare off/clog up the real area and those who want to play have a playground to do so in.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The Paddock political and religion threads have been relegated to single threads in order to more easily moderate them. This was basically a last-ditch effort to continue to allow these types of threads since there are/were a number of people who just could not stand to have a viewpoint which was not in sync with theirs. Moreover, it got down to name calling, exposure of personally identifiable information and at one point in time - threats.

I won't claim to know it all - but since I started running BBS forums back in 1982, I have yet to see anyone perform a religious or political conversion. While technology has marched forward - people really have not. Human nature will always rule and some people have proven that they have little control over their own instinctive motivations..

While I believe that we need a space like the Paddock - In my opinion - if you open the Paddock back up to the free-for-all it once was, you will alienate / lose more participants than you know.. A few of the more notable posters which were valued members of the forum left well before we changed to single-thread practice for Religion and Politics..

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I find myself wishing the old system were still in place. The "topic" of each thread allowed us to screen out topics in which we may have had little or no interest without needing to re-open the now only thread and see if the topic under discussion interests us.

I also miss some of our fellow forum members who, it seems to me, posted much more frequently than they do now. I believe I post less frequently in the political thread now...don't keep any hard data to prove it, just feels that way.

Cheers...and thanks for all you and the mod's do to keep this forum running so smooth!

Doug
I agree with Doug.

Ron Earp

Admin
The wider you open the window the more crap flies in.
Cheers
Mike

It is the paddock. It's supposed to be full of crap, that is, if crap flies. Having all the threads condensed into one seems a bit worse to me as anything political or anything religious is on one thread, however, those topics are extremely diverse.

I think I'm in the camp of all or nothing - either it really is a free for all and people can learn to police themselves or nothing.

Please let's not have the threat of ' nothing' brought up again. Many of us enjoy the Paddock and don't want it, or elements of it, shut down.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Can we have fist fighting as well? There's at least one person on here who needs a good kick in the berries.

Mike Pass

Supporter
I think we should have a referendum. They seem to be really good at getting everyone to agree and be happy.
Cheers
Mike

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
LOL!!! Sarcasm!! :pepper:

Cheers to you, Mike :thumbsup:

Doug

Back