This site

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Should be this sort of content and forget the nonsense...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/3x2fGWC8A5A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike the forum above covers everything to do with cars, this is the non motorhead section. Its only a mere shadow of what it was because of constant complaints the mods recieved. Bit of a shame when you consider the said complainee`s have contributed zilch towards any new content and have driven some valued /regular posters away.

Bob

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Bit of a shame when you consider the said complainee`s have contributed zilch towards any new content and have driven some valued /regular posters away.

Bob
Agreed. This section probably has driven many people away with the bickering and fighting.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Have you noticed how long it's been since there has been a pissing-match on the "Paddock Political thread"? If not, you should look.

It seems to me that a lot of us decided it was non-productive and stopped posting in the political thread at the same time.

The bottom line for me is that the Paddock has always been for non-auto related topics, too. If you don't want to participate, just don't. Many of us enjoyed the exchanges of ideas. If it was your forum, Mike, you could certainly dictate topics of discussion. Ron has made the executive decision to leave it open for political/religious discussions, some of which many of us enjoy.

Your snide little remarks, Mike, like "...ruining the forum", have had no positive impact. If you don't like what goes on there, just don't open the door...some of us have already made that choice for the most part.

...or, you could start your own GT40s related forum...why not try that?

Doug

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
FYI

That's 1008..with a Mk2 tail section and Halibrand replica wheels , modified for Goodwood festival many years ago
Its been displayed at Le Mans and Goodwood again just recently too ...

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Is there a story behind it Fran? Wondering what the thought was behind putting the MkII tail on an original MkI car and making it look like 1046..

Is there a story behind it Fran? Wondering what the thought was behind putting the MkII tail on an original MkI car and making it look like 1046..

Hi Mike,

This is the Mk 1 from the Ford UK Heritage Collection, originally green & was then in Gulf colours before being mocked up as the '66 winner.

I think I remember that the Le Mans Classic clashed with the Festival of Speed one year and that's when it happened.
The three proper cars were at Le Mans & Ford wanted one to show at Goodwood.

Regards Steve

Keith

Agreed. This section probably has driven many people away with the bickering and fighting.

This reminds me very much of the story of the little old lady who went and complained to the Police that a man in a house near her was openly parading around naked and exposing himself to her. The Police sent a copper around to her house. She led him to the bedroom window, pointed out and said "there, you see?"

The cop said he could see nothing. She replied "Oh well, if you put the table by the window, put a chair on the table, climb up on the chair and look through these binoculars, you can see everything!"

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Mike,

This is the Mk 1 from the Ford UK Heritage Collection, originally green & was then in Gulf colours before being mocked up as the '66 winner.

I think I remember that the Le Mans Classic clashed with the Festival of Speed one year and that's when it happened.
The three proper cars were at Le Mans & Ford wanted one to show at Goodwood.

Regards Steve
Thanks for the explanation. It may not be proper but the Mk1 nose might look a little better than the Mk2 piece.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Hey Professor, I will be in London Friday after next, maybe we could have a pint and argue Brexit or Trump :D

Keith

Hey Professor, I will be in London Friday after next, maybe we could have a pint and argue Brexit or Trump :D

Would love to Mike but unfortunately pretty much house/wheelchair bound these days. Have been to London only a few times these past 5 years - taking friends up and bringing them back but never getting out of the car.

In any event, I could discuss Brexit with you rather than argue, but I don't know enough about Trump or American politics except both seem pretty bonkers right now.

Have a great time and if you meet an Englishman, give him a map - he may be lost..:)

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...I don't know enough about Trump or American politics except both seem pretty bonkers right now.

You "know enough" to be 100% correct there.

The choice we face over here is to vote for either a political outsider who's a very successful, boisterous, boastful and narcissistic businessman wanting to rein in government spending/rules/regs/budgetary priorities, illegal executive orders and illegal immigration...or a career political insider who's a proven habitual liar and scofflaw with a history of making abhorrently bad judgments who wants to spend, spend, spend by expanding gov't 'handouts' and all other aspects government activity (legal and otherwise), 'legalize every illegal alien in the country, and basically throw our borders wide open to anybody who can stagger across 'em.

On top of that, Trump is openly opposed by a number of 'elites' in his own party...whereas Billary's problem is SHE is demigod with DNC 'elites' (as their 'leaked' emails have proven)...but 'is opposed (loathed) by a large number of the party's 'rank and file'.

Choose one... :annoyed:

Back