The Olympics: This, just in.....

Brian Stewart
Supporter
:laugh: Nothing like a bit of healthy trans-Tasman rivalry.

Disappointing result but was one heluva game, the aussie girls pulled victory out of the jaws of defeat.

kaspa

Keith

I don't normally do this stuff but team GB coming second in the medals table and beating their 2012 (home turf) haul is simply amazing. Bearing in mind we are significantly underfunded compared with other leading nations and tend to 'play the game' if you get my meaning, I tip my hat in the direction of all our athletes..

I now await the 'yeah but' rebuttals. Oh wait though, this isn't YouTube so it could be ok.. :)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I don't normally do this stuff but team GB coming second in the medals table and beating their 2012 (home turf) haul is simply amazing. Bearing in mind we are significantly underfunded compared with other leading nations and tend to 'play the game' if you get my meaning, I tip my hat in the direction of all our athletes..

I now await the 'yeah but' rebuttals. Oh wait though, this isn't YouTube so it could be ok.. :)

Yes congratulations, you chaps a great effort, we on the other hand pretty ordinary.

For me the star of the games was the African girl who funded herself to the games to represent her country in of all things the rowing and picked up a silver medal.

kaspa

Well, if your speaking of the Stanford California grad who is a US citizen and represented Nigeria in rowing.....well.

Good story, no doubt. Props for her, but she finished 2nd in her 'consolation' race final.... far from medals.

Well, if your speaking of the Stanford California grad who is a US citizen and represented Nigeria in rowing.....well.

Good story, no doubt. Props for her, but she finished 2nd in her 'consolation' race final.... far from medals.
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Ah ha, unfortunately our illustrious news reporters left that little detail out, fancy that.

kaspa

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter

'Weird, isn't it. But, 'flag-switching loopholes' have been part of Olympic completion 'reality' for years. 'Rules-that-are-not-rules', if you will. :sneaky:

Hell, little tiny Fiji won Gold on the non-girls side for their first Olympic metal of any kind!
That Rocks.

It was the way they won it, the off loading, power and speed where amazing, think my own rugby league team Warrington Wolves could do with some of them in their Challenge Cup final match at Wembley on Saturday.

Of course this is the one weekend out of all the ones that she could have picked that our niece decided to get married on. Apparently, listening to the match, or inadvertent loud cheering during the service will not be tolerated under any circumstances, nor did my suggestion that they should put the scores, instead of hymn numbers on the board.

Back