Things to do in Russia

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Keeping warm drinking Vodka while watching the Samovar blow off steam. Life is good comrades!

13995603_1416888331674215_6303394986010038474_o.jpg

Mike Pass

Supporter
If you get bored these things look quite interesting.....

Cheers
Mikhail

PS. Recently met a young lady from Ekaterinburg (over in the Urals). She was telling me that they were taught in school how to strip down and reassemble an AK47. One more thing to do in Russia.

Attachments

• Steppin' out.jpg
    Steppin' out.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 357
  • Red Star.jpg
    Red Star.jpg
    538.6 KB · Views: 258

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Try the Hard Currency Bar in the Cosmos Hotel.
OMG
All potential Miss Worlds and very forward as well. They are invariably very highly qualified as Surgeons, Architects, Scientists and so on.
The rooms are not all that nice though. There is an "Ilyanah" on every floor
directly as you get out of the lift. She shows you where your room is. (Some of them sell really nice caviar - which is illegal to export and is for local consumption so eat it in your room. The local Champagne is Garbage).

Back to the group shot....some of the troops appear 'more satisfied' than others. Maybe the liberals there aren't happy with the lift they have.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I was expecting different. Minsk is a modern city. Very clean felt safe walking around anywhere. Nobody jay walks no trash in the street. Something a little stepford wives about the place hard to put a finger on. I couldn't stand the food but I'm a vegetarian. Piles of meat on everything. Women are beautiful but again something just a little off. Heavy drinking is a pastime but zero driving drunk tolerance. No drugs or straight to jail. I went into the country for a company outing. Hard to explain felt like summer camp but 30 years ago. They had soviet era tanks and helicopters there. Drove around in an amphibious assault vehicle. Great fun. Team activities were very physical and a lot of fun. All the women participated. They are a hardy bunch.

Pat

Supporter
You went to Minsk for a company outing??? Dang, your Human Resources department must be a fun group. Is the Christmas party going to be in Siberia?

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Piles of meat on everything. Women are beautiful but again something just a little off. Heavy drinking is a pastime but zero driving drunk tolerance. QUOTE]

No meat? More for ME!!! And as W. C. Fields said "It was a woman that drove me to drink........and I never thanked her!"

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Ha no went to visit partner business was shown the red carpet. Quite a good time I will say.

Back