UK Threat Level

Keith

Now at "Severe"

200 SAS Troopers will deploy in hot spots throughout UK, but you won't spot them - they will be dressed in mufti. Oxford St to get at least 70 (which kind of gives away the expected focus of a potential attack).. In addition, of course, to the many thousands of armed Police roaming our Christmas markets...

Miles of "anti-truck" concrete barricades are also going up everywhere..

Stay alert and safe people...

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
What a shame our society has come to this point, where on the most joyous day of the year we have to worry about lethal attacks. Good luck to all over this holiday!

Cheers!

Doug

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
What a shame our society has come to this point, where on the most joyous day of the year we have to worry about lethal attacks. Good luck to all over this holiday!

Cheers!

Doug

Amen to that!!!

What has mankind become?

Sounds like a good time to check in at the range and brush up with your personal concealed carry weapon fellows.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without results.
-Winston Churchill

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Be there in a couple weeks yea! I get the heck out of Kings Cross as fast as I can. Don't worry too much in Cambridge because a truck could not fit onto a street there and if they did 5mph would be their top speed :)

Sounds like a good time to check in at the range and brush up with your personal concealed carry weapon fellows.

Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without results.
-Winston Churchill

Nothing truer said!

Keith

I think he was speaking about here Larry.
Sad, but true. There is no 2nd there.

To be quite honest, It's not at all sad and I am pretty glad about that. Different strokes etc.

I cannot imagine the USA without personal weapons in the same way that I cannot imagine the UK WITH personal weapons.

It's what defines our respective nations and vive la difference!

It's quite a different situation from Australia for example, who's citizens (to a degree) feel they have been deprived of their right to own and carry firearms. It probably has it's origins back in the formation of what was very much a 'frontier' style of evolution as a nation, very similar to the US in many ways.. It's never been that way here in the United Kingdom because we were always given arms when we were required to defend the state or support the local baron etc. and so we do not feel deprived nor threatened by the lack of firearms in the community..Not everyone gave their arms back either :)

The IRA conversely, always felt threatened by a lack of arms (pikes in the early days) and so afraid of losing them were they after working so hard (at no small risk) to acquire them, they used to stockpile them in safe places. So the Irish would even now be an enthusiastic nation of gun owners if they could only remember where the feck they buried them..

As far as we in the UK are concerned, naturally should a bunch of hard assed 'roos,militant abbos or pike bearing Fenians head up our local highway, I'll be getting tough with the local lawmakers...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Time to call a spade a spade, the threat is not from Catholics, Buddhists, Protestants, Anglicans, Jews, Singhs, Atheists, or any other religion. The threat is from Muslims. Until our respective governments grow some balls and start acknowledging this the Muslims will continue to threaten us and kill us.
My Solution Close the Mosques and deport all Muslims who are not citizens.

Keith

I don't get it Pete. So Muslims who are citizens are NOT threats? Just trying to see where you're coming from mate...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I don't get it Pete. So Muslims who are citizens are NOT threats? Just trying to see where you're coming from mate...

No, of course they are threats, but it's impossible to deport a citizen. But deporting all the non citizens would go a long way towards stopping much of the threat and we know the Mosques are breeding grounds for radicals.
I would also make it clear to the Muslims who are citizens if they step out of line the full weight of the law will come down on them. Not just a slap on the wrist as in the past.

Keith

Yes well I kind of gathered that so was a bit perplexed when he mentioned "citizens"...

By the way, I'm not so sure that this is quite the place for a diatribe of this nature so I will trust you gentlemen to keep things in order.

Thank you so much...

Gosh. It's going to be an interesting year....

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Time to call a spade a spade, the threat is not from Catholics, Buddhists, Protestants, Anglicans, Jews, Singhs, Atheists, or any other religion. The threat is from Muslims. Until our respective governments grow some balls and start acknowledging this the Muslims will continue to threaten us and kill us.

+1, Pete. This is not a time for Political Correctness, it's a time to call a spade a spade and take action.

I had high hopes perhaps one of the things President-elect Trump might do would be to get rid of the unwelcome terrorists in this country, he talked like he had the balls to do that during his campaign...but he promised during his campaign to make Mexico pay for "The Wall" and has now reneged on that promise, so it remains to be seen whether we can count on him in this respect, too....as I said, we'll have to wait and see.

I know...we all have Muslim friends who are not a threat...but I do agree with you in that MOST of the threat of terrorism is from the Muslim religion. I do not know of any other religion that preaches "salvation" if one is killed in a jihad (which they do believe this is)...so I don't think this is any kind of "racial profiling", it's just an acknowledgement of the hard facts regarding who we in the entire WORLD need to keep an eye on...and I also agree that Europe, and particularly the UK, France and Germany, need to be "hyper-vigilant" at this time. What a shame...when we were younger we knew pretty much who the enemies were, now they live next door to us...:stunned:

Doug

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Yes well I kind of gathered that so was a bit perplexed when he mentioned "citizens"...

By the way, I'm not so sure that this is quite the place for a diatribe of this nature so I will trust you gentlemen to keep things in order.

Thank you so much...

Gosh. It's going to be an interesting year....

With all due respect professor my so called diatribe was a direct result of your post threat levels in the U.K. I merely came up with my solution, unpalatable as it maybe to some. At the risk of upsetting you I think you are being P.C. The last person on earth I thought I would accuse of that.

Keith

Me, PC, well that's a laugh you won't get me that way Pete.... No, I just think there are better places for it that's all. I think what you say has merit re mosques etc. but wtf are politicians going to do about it unless you bother them?

PC or no, I think generally people are uncomfortable with political rhetoric on this site whoever it is directed at - even Mexicans!

Rant away if you think it will do any good my friends...

But.., well, you know..

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Me, PC, well that's a laugh you won't get me that way Pete.... No, I just think there are better places for it that's all. I think what you say has merit re mosques etc. but wtf are politicians going to do about it unless you bother them?

PC or no, I think generally people are uncomfortable with political rhetoric on this site whoever it is directed at - even Mexicans!

Rant away if you think it will do any good my friends...

But.., well, you know..

I didn't think I would mate, but worth a try. BTW I have written to my local member and the P.M. Re this got B/S replies from both. I might run for parliament myself it's a hell of a gravy train they are on.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
+1, Pete. This is not a time for Political Correctness, it's a time to call a spade a spade and take action.

I had high hopes perhaps one of the things President-elect Trump might do would be to get rid of the unwelcome terrorists in this country, he talked like he had the balls to do that during his campaign...but he promised during his campaign to make Mexico pay for "The Wall" and has now reneged on that promise, so it remains to be seen whether we can count on him in this respect, too....as I said, we'll have to wait and see.

I know...we all have Muslim friends who are not a threat...but I do agree with you in that MOST of the threat of terrorism is from the Muslim religion. I do not know of any other religion that preaches "salvation" if one is killed in a jihad (which they do believe this is)...so I don't think this is any kind of "racial profiling", it's just an acknowledgement of the hard facts regarding who we in
the entire WORLD need to keep an eye on...and I also agree that Europe, and particularly the UK, France and Germany, need to be "hyper-vigilant" at this time. What a shame...when we were younger we knew pretty much who the enemies were, now they live next door to us...:stunned:

Doug

I think there is still hope for Trump, Doug, at least wait for the inauguration.

Back