How crash a Ferrari

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
One of the opening scenes is at the rail crossing in Pinecliffe, just down at the bottom of hill from my place. The wreck happened going down near the bottom of Golden Gate Canyon. Several decreasing radius turns down there. One of my favorite roads to cruise the GT40. Spirited driving and not knowing the road, doesn't work well :)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ETPZ9BMaUl8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I wonder what sort of contract he signed to drive that rental? That could be a very expensive lesson he had to learn. Many rentals I'm aware of make the renter responsible for any damage.

Not sure why he changed down a gear for the corner, This, IMHO, changed the cars dynamics and he wasn't (obviously!) able to correct the under steer.

Sad, but glad both were able to walk away.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Stupid is as stupid does...

...he wasn't (obviously!) able to correct the under steer.

...once again proving that being able to write the check needed to rent OR to buy a supercar/exotic/whatever doesn't mean one is qualified to drive it.

Me thinks the two of them were lucky the guard rail was there and that they hit it at the angle they did.......................not to mention the fact they weren't going anywhere near as fast as they could have been.

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Further proof that he internet does not make you stupid, it just makes your stupidity available to EVERYONE!

Why would you post that video online and show the entire world your FUBAR?

Rick, I kinda got the impression the rental company posted the vid. The drivers face is blurred at the end after exiting the car but unsure who the guy is seen fueling the car earlier in the video....possibly one of the owners of the company?

If you were a Hertz Sports Car Club member back in 1966 (and 25 years of age), you could drive off the rental car lot in a performance 306 hp Mustang fastback. Total cost: $17 a day and 17 cents a mile. Not a bad deal by today’s standards and not a bad deal back then.

Cut and paste info.

Chris

Back