Viper review... ouch!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Backup camera? We are a nation of spineless jellyfish pussies!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/m3KUCauHEPo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Agreed.

Let's see:
A: It's broken something like 12 track records across America.
B: That "old tech" shattered the 'Ring record years ago and is still extremely respectable to this day.
C: Track days down here show Viper ACRs topping the lap boards every weekend.
D: Ferrari had a GIANT "say" in how well the Gen 5 could perform. Otherwise, it would murder every one of the prancing horses effortlessly.
E: People who bought Vipers initially knew what they were getting; a modern day Cobra or Daytona Coupe. People have become WAY TOO SOFT due to electronic devices controlling their cars like Gran Turismo video games (Nissan GTR).
F: Just getting a Gen 5 was a blessing, considering the Viper was for sale for around $20m just a few years ago.

Yes! I'm obviously a big Viper fan. But this is the last true raw sports car we will ever have. EVER! Bitching about rear view cameras and cast suspension components is inane.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I like the Viper a lot for being one of the last uncompromising supercars out there. I have cime close several times to buying the ACR delete everything version. i will say the shitty welds would drive me insane. The other I don't like is the sound they make. Its just more tractor like than race car. The Lambo V10 sounds better IMO. One day I think people will appreciate what the Viper for what it is.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
So I've got to ask...How can any crossover or X-brace that has a curve in it to fit over the engine (as many manufacturers do) provide any structural rigidity? This has always been a problem for me.

These guys are starting to irritate me. They need to go find something worthy of their blithering.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I love the sound of the Viper. Too me, the V8 gets boring. Your videos are an exception to that...
My old videos were just ok. I think the new engine will sound more like what a GT40 should sound like. I am not a huge fan of the sound of the pushrod V8 other than the SBF with 180 exhaust. One of the better sounding V8s to me is the one in the 355.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8qSK1i5NSFk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

My old videos were just ok. I think the new engine will sound more like what a GT40 should sound like. I am not a huge fan of the sound of the pushrod V8 other than the SBF with 180 exhaust. One of the better sounding V8s to me is the one in the 355.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8qSK1i5NSFk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yeah. That sounds great. I guess what I'm saying is I get tired of the same old LS with dual exhaust. And a comment on your videos, it's just nice seeing people drive their machines spiritedly up in the mountains. Obviously, not driving like idiots or anything. I still have a bit of time before I pick up another car, so I live vicariously through YouTube vids right now.

So I've got to ask...How can any crossover or X-brace that has a curve in it to fit over the engine (as many manufacturers do) provide any structural rigidity? This has always been a problem for me.

These guys are starting to irritate me. They need to go find something worthy of their blithering.

"The SRT Viper is also stiffer, with torsional rigidity up by 50 percent over the old car, helped in large part by the engine compartment X-brace lifted directly from the Viper GTS-R and Competition Coupe race cars. The increased rigidity improves the car's steering response."

I love the sound of the Viper. Too me, the V8 gets boring. Your videos are an exception to that...

*fart fart fart* - just go buy 2 civics w/ fart cans and tie them together and you basically have the same sound

Exhaust note is the only reason i don't have a Viper :thumbsdown:

Back