Very cool Jetman video

Looks like he's moved up to the Jetcat 400 (89lb thrust each) engines from the smaller 200's. I have owned a variety of Jetcat turbine engines (P120, P140, and P200) for my RC jets, and they are very reliable!

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
I'm trying to figure out the method of flight control. Appears the use of hands in the oncoming air is the means, not not quite sure how that works. They don't appear to be shifting weight around the center of lift. Perhaps asymmetrical drag pitches it down, with a built-in pitch up to balance it all out?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Terry -

I think that maybe yaw and roll are controlled by differential drag using hands and legs. Pitch can be controlled with power or possibly symmetrical drag using legs?

One of the exercises I had to do during flight training was to land the airplane using only rudder and throttle. It was pretty intense and I screwed up the first time and had to hang it on the prop and go around, but the second time I greased it in pretty nicely.

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Thanks Tom. Unfortunately, it was very vague in it's explanation. Like saying it turns because I think the word "turn". It wouldn't surprise me if two years from now they have a single ducted 600 that can be axially located, with control surfaces using some kind of interface with the pilot that auto-stabilizes the flight.

Back