The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame..

Keith

What does it mean? It sounds like some kind of cheap scam to me but others may have a different point of view...

Keith

Interesting and I wonder why it is that so many of 'rock royalty' jostle for position to get themselves 'inducted' or perhaps, it's just for the unsuspecting fans. I watched Led Zeppelin's 'induction' on YouTube recently and thought it was a cringe fest worthy of vomiting bone marrow. I got to wondering how the likes of Jimmy Page & Robert Plant could possibly sit through that kind of thing.. :shrug:

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
I have been (15 years ago) and there are some interesting exhibits, but it is a marketing operation. When they started inducting rap "artists" it was obvious that they were pandering to a demographic that they felt they were not reaching.

When the Moody Blues are not inducted it is pretty good proof that electioneering and politics determine the selections.

Keith

Yes there had to be an income stream but I couldn't spot it. Is it merchandise, media content, museum etc?

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Classic!!!!!

Donald Trump could learn a thing or two from Lifeson!

Cheers!

Doug

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
Well, it took until Wednesday before I finally got curious, and actually opened up this thread (Sorry Keith), and it was the highlight of my weekday lunches in the watching a sequence of YouTube videos of/about one of my favorite bands...Rush!.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
I LOOKED IN THE MIRROR TODAY
My eyes just didn't seem so brave
I've lost a few more hairs
I think
I think I'm going BALD

Back