Now they kill my city's kids.

Charlie Farley

Supporter
It's reported that the first device was positioned in the foyer, timed for the end of the concert, while parents met their kids, nuts & bolts noted on the floor...

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
OMG!!! NOOoooo!!!

Words cannot express the anguish....:furious:

We must find a way to stop this!

Deepest sympathies to all of our friends in England!!! :shocked:

Doug

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Within an hour of reports of the incident emerging, people began offering spare rooms and beds to people stranded in the city using the hashtag #RoomForManchester.

Hundreds of tweets offering places to stay are being shared and re-tweeted thousands of times.

We ain't like cold Londoners...

:laugh:.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
A terrible act to be sure and my heart goes out to all those impacted by this...
I hope they can catch the cowards that did this and bring them to justice quickly!
---
Please leave any political statements for the politics thread.
Thank you...

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Randy,

My comment about Londoners was apolitical and should stay in this thread.
Frankly, everything I stated should stay in this thread.....................................................................................................................................................................
Or have you lost your moral compass, or way?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
ISIS cowards. But it was going to happen and somewhere else other than London.
Loads of warnings were even posted here on the GT40 site.
Just a terrible act by ISIS.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think its about time the leaders of the free western world said that's it, enough enough, how many more innocent lives is it going to take before something positive is done.
just makes me sick in the gut thinking about it
cheers John

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Threat Level continues as SEVERE and will probably stay that way for at least three months. Extra armed police on the streets in London and obviously now all the major cities in the UK.

Keith

'Your City' Andrew? What's that about?.. :shifty:

Nothing to add to what's been said and I have no easy answers..

RIP 29 Dead. Young people both British and other nationalities..

Nicola Sturgeon, could only bring herself to mention "4 Scottish people injured" but that's par for the course...

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Randy,

My comment about Londoners was apolitical and should stay in this thread.
Frankly, everything I stated should stay in this thread.....................................................................................................................................................................
Or have you lost your moral compass, or way?

Andrew, you were the one to mention Trump and that can only go sideways and backwards from there - hence my warning.
My moral compass is just fine thank you.
Any politcial commentary should be directed to the politics thread - thank you.

Like all of you, I am saddened by the loss of lives and mad at the people who've commited this heinous act.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Randy, I daresay (with red face) that if anyone were going to bring politics into this issue, it would probably be me.

It never dawned on me.

This is about an inhumane act that has had a terrible impact on our friends in the United Kingdom, and all around the world.

I admire your effort to keep politics out of it....but it isn't about politics, in my mind, it's about humanity and the way we recover from such an inhumane act.

Again...my thoughts and prayers go out to all of those wounded and killed, their families, and all of those who are impacted by this sort of senseless act, regardless of where it occurs, but particularly this senseless act that targeted children.

I'll say it again...."WE" must find a way to stop this...obviously this sort of act can have a temporary impact on peoples' lives, but we humans are resilient and there has been NO act of terrorism that has limited any culture of which I am aware in their long-term daily activities. Sure..."terrorism" has the aim of causing "terror" , and it can do so short term, but in the end (however long that takes) we humans will overcome the senseless acts of those who are misguided in their intentions.

Cheers, Randy...and, again, my sincere thoughts and prayers go out to all of our compatriots in the United Kingdom who were impacted by this senseless act...whether directly or indirectly. I say, stay true to your heritage, keep a stiff upper lip and carry on!

Doug

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Randy, you fundamentally misunderstand my use of Trump's name.
It was not in anyway political, just a matter of fact comment that he is your 'boss' at the moment and could help to alleviate some of the causes of these incidents. Just simply that bo.
I frankly don't give a toss as to the political hue of whoever gets to redecorate the white house. Just that they may well have the contacts/talent etc to stop this.
For surely the military option has rarely worked.
I'm typing this while witnessing the heaviest air activity I have ever seen here.
They arrested 2 employees of a local supermarket this morning.
I'm guessing the equivalent of a swat team going in at 8am, must have upset those looking for bargains in the tomato stall. Unmarked white vans x 2 in my street and what I'm guessing is a 51 Squadron Otter has been almost overhead for the afternoon. I even sat out and watched police helicopters rotate on station. Should make for good viewing on the news tonight.
But back to the nitty gritty, I hate to say this, but I think this is the start. IS will be kicked out of Syria et al and come back here.

Last edited:
"Whenever I get gloomy with the state of the world, I think about the arrivals gate at Heathrow Airport. General opinion's starting to make out that we live in a world of hatred and greed, but I don't see that. It seems to me that love is everywhere. Often, it's not particularly dignified or newsworthy, but it's always there - fathers and sons, mothers and daughters, husbands and wives, boyfriends, girlfriends, old friends. When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love. If you look for it, I've got a sneaky feeling you'll find that love actually is all around."

love actually ending - YouTube

Last edited:

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Quite right Nick,

As I picked up my 'suedo' take on sub continent food tonight,
I proffered my hand and made a point of saying Salam Alaikum.
Despite hearing on the local radio that Asian taxis had had keys
run down the paintwork early am. Those small misdeeds do so
much damage.
As to the professor, you need to sort out the kink in the oxygen hose.
:laugh:

Back