The Driven Experience Co: Renting a 991 GT3 in California

I wanted to share a fantastic experience I had renting a 991 GT3 from a company called The Driven Experience Co.

I recently travelled to California from the Midwest and was looking for a fun car to rent while I was out there. I stumbled across a rental company with some awesome driver’s cars (GT3, GT4, Focus RS, R8, McLaren MP4-12C, and more) on Instagram (@thedrivenexperience) and reached out to the owner, Sean.

Sean was very easy to reach by text (got his phone number from the below Turo link) to answer any questions I had during the rental process. We discussed details, and I went ahead and reserved a car.

Notably, Sean also rents these same cars through Turo. Pricing through his personal company is similar/possibly cheaper. I rented through his personal company as it did save me money.

Porsche 911 Rental in Long Beach, CA
| Turo

I booked the car for 200 miles had a wonderful day driving up in Angeles National Forest, Mullholland Hwy, Latigo Canyon Rd, and Pacific Coast Highway.

80-img_0072_dfd2295d0969a764509dbd491b220864e2ac5527.jpg

Angeles Crest is an absolutely gorgeous area. I stopped for lunch in Calabasas before making my way to Mulholland Hwy. I started around the Rock Store which marks the start of the Snake. It's great fun to park and watch who or what is carving the Snake that day. Latigo Canyon Rd is another very special Snake-like road I took down to PCH. I finished the day on PCH.

80-img_3945_copy_c35701fba2a66aaf6350ec298d66663ac3a12fa9.jpg

This was honestly a really special day. I have been very lucky to have the opportunity to drive many modern exotics on road and track, but driving these roads in a Porsche GT car has been a bucket list item for me, and it did not disappoint. Considering I am unaware of any other options to rent cars of this nature (especially at this price point) anywhere in California, I think this is an exceptionally unique opportunity.

I don’t have any association with Sean or The Driven Experience, but this has been a very positive experience that I thought other petrolheads living in or traveling to California would be interested in learning more about.

Back