Goodbye to a Great Man!

Dr. David

Lifetime Supporter
Farewell to a Great Man and long-time member of the worldwide motorsports community, Vic Edelbrock.

Attachments

• Vic.jpg
    Vic.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 306

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Yes, Vic brought forth a great number of innovative products and was a big supporter of USA made products.
RIP Vic... Thank you!!!

I got a tour of the Edelbrock facility about ten years ago. He was hyper-patriotic and principled about keeping jobs in the USA rather than outsourcing production overseas. Without a doubt he could have made a LOT more money moving his casting etc manufacturing to China, but he was determined to keep it all in California, which boasts the most toxic business climate in the USA.

He also was heavily into vintage racing, and at the end of a race weekend, he would fire up a gas-powered margarita blender and give away free margaritas to hundreds of strangers.

Really an amazing guy, who will be much missed....

Keith

What previous posters have said and I also used many of his fine products back in the day, my favourite being the ubiquitous Victor Junior. If there was a better single plane medium riser manifold made for a 4bbl, I've never seen or heard of one..and I never knew that his given name was Otis either..

R.I.P. indeed and thanks for all the toys... :thumbsup:

Back