Jay Leno reviews his new GT

Keith

Thanks for posting Tim. A great review by Jay and I couldn't help wondering how he even gets in half of the cars he owns due to his advancing 'middle-age spread', a curse most of us have to deal with, but I guess he might be a little on the short side though?

Anyhow, he certainly seemed like the car but needs to brush up a little on the race terminology. It won it's class at Le Mans - LMGT Pro, not overall as he inferred (beating Audi etc). Got beat this year, so it looks as if the powers that be fiddled with the BOP in favour of Aston, Ferrari and Porsche after a Ford favouring BOP last year. It's all a giant con anyway as the race teams sandbag like crazy to get beneficial BOP settings.

Personally I like the car but it seems to have garnered a lot of hate mostly from people decrying the V6. Did Ford really go to all this effort just to get more people to buy the F150 with the V6? Sounds crazy to me but that's the main beef it seems..

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...I guess he might be a little on the short side though?

Jay is (reportedly) 5 ft - 11 inches tall...and I'd have to say that has to be pretty darned accurate 'cause I've met him and he was roughly 2 inches or so taller than I was at the time (+ or - a "Wheatie" flake).

Keith

Well he certainly doesn't seem to have the trouble that Clarkson does getting in and out of today's supercars, but i believe JC to be 6' 4" give or take.

I guess the GT40 itself is not a car for the over 6' judging by the comments of many on here and most race car drivers seem to be around 5'10" at the most..

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
It's all a giant con anyway as the race teams sandbag like crazy to get beneficial BOP settings.

No kidding.

BoP is and always HAS BEEN a way to handicap top rate cars so that lesser cars can keep up.

Why would any builder bother with R&D when all they'd have to do is SHOW UP with a car and the BoP boys would see to it whatever they dragged to the track would be competitive?

Makes no sense to me...

Back