Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Al,

It maybe that your title is quite inflammatory. I haven't actual opened the link, the title of it is repulsive. There are good and bad people in every country. I choose to only make a determination where people fit on that spectrum based on what I witness, and try strongly to avoid making it based on someones location, ethnicity, religious beliefs, gender, sexual persuasion etc. I have found this to stand me in good stead.

Kind regards,

Karl

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
I agree with you Karl but if I saw this being done I would have done the same thing to the human trash committing this horrific act. I believe in treating all people with respect but I also believe in standing up for innocent people and animals from acts of cruelty. It is a shame that so many people witness someone getting harmed but just walk away because they are afraid or just do not care. If people would get involved when they witness acts of cruelty then there would be less cruelty in the world.

Fwiw, these people are almost assuredly Persians, not Arabs. Most westerners are ignorant of the difference, and our terrible media doesn't do us any favors by not bothering to try to educate instead of just inflaming and painting all Muslims with a broad brush.

Arabs are a Semitic people (thus the term 'anti-semite' technically refers to all peoples originating from the region, Arab and Jew alike) while Persians are not. They technically are different races, and stereotypically boast different facial features. Years ago I had a couple of roommates who were naturalized Americans of Persian descent. They HATED Arabs, and explained to me that Persians consider themselves to be vastly superior to Arabs, boasting of a tradition of culture and refinement, whereas they perceive Arabs to be crude, ignorant camel-jockeys.

I was surprised to learn of such a hierarchy within the middle eastern Muslim world, as I had been 'educated' to believe they were all the same.

However, this video demonstrates that the perceived superiority of the Persian culture still leaves them a long way behind the west, even acknowledging our own problems....

Fwiw, these people are almost assuredly Persians, not Arabs. Most westerners are ignorant of the difference, and our terrible media doesn't do us any favors by not bothering to try to educate instead of just inflaming and painting all Muslims with a broad brush.

Arabs are a Semitic people (thus the term 'anti-semite' technically refers to all peoples originating from the region, Arab and Jew alike) while Persians are not. They technically are different races, and stereotypically boast different facial features. Years ago I had a couple of roommates who were naturalized Americans of Persian descent. They HATED Arabs, and explained to me that Persians consider themselves to be vastly superior to Arabs, boasting of a tradition of culture and refinement, whereas they perceive Arabs to be crude, ignorant camel-jockeys.

I was surprised to learn of such a hierarchy within the middle eastern Muslim world, as I had been 'educated' to believe they were all the same.

However, this video demonstrates that the perceived superiority of the Persian culture still leaves them a long way behind the west, even acknowledging our own problems....

Mike, Look at thread 11 & 12 on "Unimaginably brutal, people in Iran" in The Paddock. It's the same thread but I changed the title so as not to "offend". This is a Muslim belief that dogs are "unclean".

Keith

You guys are breaking out of the Paddock here. Get back, get back I say!

Else it will be moved to Politics..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back