"He knew what he was signing up for" and other gaffes by our POTUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
Well, even though nobody I know has ever described our POTUS as empathetic or even sympathetic, he reached a new "low" when he, in an effort to display his reverence for our fallen soldiers, called the wife of one of them to express his country's sympathy. That would have been all great and good, had he not added an offhand comment something to the effect of "He knew what he was signing up for."

So....I grew up in a military family and my father was a fighter pilot. Believe me, the families of combat military KNOW what they signed up for, and hope for the best every time their loved one has to walk out the door and into harm's way.

It's hard to believe how this POTUS is so obtuse to the feelings of others, so I started this thread to accumulate a list of his "gaffes", so to speak. I'm hoping that it won't turn into yet another Conservative vs everyone else thread.

So...add to it what you want...and I'll repeat the first:

"He knew what he was signing up for!"

There are thousands, I know...just post your "favorite".

Cheers!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Really.

Personally I'd automatically question ANYTHING said by someone who dresses like Lil' Jimmie Dickens' understudy 24/7/365 (Google him) be he/she Rep. Wilson (to whose accusation I've assumed you referred) or anyone else...but, perhaps that's just me.

Is there a 'link' to any audio/video wherein Trump says exactly that in full context...or is it just another one of those 'he says, she says' things?

BTW...didn't Obama (in a conversation about who should pay healthcare costs for wounded/disabled vets) say wounded servicemen ought to pay their own medical costs for much the same reason?

I've chosen this link 'cause it's to a favorite lefty source:

Veterans groups irate at Obama's private insurance proposal - CNN.com

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
You must not watch the news much these days, Larry...or perhaps just the news(?) channels that target the radical right? Most of the credible news organizations have pegged it pretty confidently that he did say that to the mother of a fallen soldier.

If you have irrefutable evidence that he did NOT say it....please, by all means post your source....but casting dispersion on a quote just because the deplorable person who uttered the statement is aligned with your political beliefs does not make it untrue...quite the opposite...your unrelenting support of everything Trump does not alter the facts...and I'd like to see ANY facts you can provide, but they have to be true to be facts...not "alternative facts", as the master manipulator of words Kelly-Anne Conway would say...that would refute the assertions of the vast majority of the national news sources.

Just curious....is Fox News(?) Network denying Trump said that? It would be characteristic of them... :thumbsdown:

[Edit: From the link you posted: WASHINGTON (CNN) -- "Veterans groups are angry after President Obama told them Monday that he is still considering a proposal to have treatment for service-connected injuries charged to veterans' private insurance plans."]

What you didn't say was that the issue was resolved against charging private insurance plans about 10 years ago.

I agree...the Veterans' Administration should be the responsible party, not the particular wounded warrior (nor his private insurance).

I didn't see anything to indicate the service member would have to pay out of pocket...but I am at work today and didn't really take time to read all of the lengthy news feature...just most of it.

Stay tuned to this channel, though...there will be plenty more gaffes on a daily basis.

Cheers!

Doug

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
You must not watch the news much these days, Larry...or perhaps just the news(?) channels that target the radical right? Most of the credible news organizations have pegged it pretty confidently that he did say that to the mother of a fallen soldier.

If you have irrefutable evidence that he did NOT say it....please, by all means post your source....but casting dispersion on a quote just because the deplorable person who uttered the statement is aligned with your political beliefs does not make it untrue...quite the opposite...your unrelenting support of everything Trump does not alter the facts...and I'd like to see ANY facts you can provide, but they have to be true to be facts...not "alternative facts", as the master manipulator of words Kelly-Anne Conway would say...that would refute the assertions of the vast majority of the national news sources.

Just curious....is Fox News(?) Network denying Trump said that? It would be characteristic of them... :thumbsdown:

Cheers!

Doug

^^^Translation: It's apparently what I suspected - a 'he says, she says' situation. There IS NO vid/audio. So how do you (OR "credible news organizations") KNOW this isn't just another Twana Brawley situation...or Duke Lacrosse team...or...?

...Most of the credible news organizations have pegged it pretty confidently that he did say that to the mother of a fallen soldier."

How do you define "credible"?

...If you have irrefutable evidence that he did NOT say it....please, by all means post your source....

If you have irrefutable evidence he DID say it, please, by all means post your source. Oh, wait...I already asked you to do that...and you couldn't.

For the record, (1) I have NO I-D-E-A whether or not - IN CONTEXT - he said that or anything like it, and, (2) there are MANY things he's said and things he's proposed that I don't agree with.

(Edit: 'Just heard White House Press Secretary Sanders report that there were SEVERAL admin officials present in the Oval Office (or in whatever room Trump made the call from) when that call was made and THEY say Trump did not make the comment Wilson SAID he had made. So, I hope you won't "cast dispersions" on her statement "just because the deplorable person who uttered the statement" is NOT aligned with your political beliefs...because that "DOES NOT make it untrue". ;))

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
The family and witnesses were all united in their report that Trump did say what we are discussing, Larry. I find their united reports to be much more credible than necessary to believe Trump said that terrible thing to the grieving wife of a fallen warrior.

As for sources...surely you've watched TV in the past few days since this gaffe was "News"? Have you seen ANYONE other than Trump who has denied he said those terrible words to this grieving wife? Sure...I'll keep an eye out for the issue to be in the news again and do what I can to provide sources, not that you'll believe anything I say or post.

Gaffe away, POTUS...the world is watching (and listening).

Doug

Doug, no one knows the context of how that was said, Kelly was in the room and said the call was appropriate. As in "he knew what he was signing up for and gave his life anyway" You and I don't know what he said and this is typical media speculation taking things out of context. Unless I hear the exact thing he said, I don't believe the media for one second.

Gaffe away, POTUS...the world is watching (and listening).

Doug

And waiting, but going on previous tweets probably best not to hold our breaths.

Apparently he has irrefutable evidence he didn't say it.

Donald J. Trump ✔@realDonaldTrump
Democrat Congresswoman totally fabricated what I said to the wife of a soldier who died in action (and I have proof). Sad!
12:25 - 18 Oct 2017

Last edited:

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, Larry, Larry...do you really believe that Trump would not lie about this issue? He’s lied plenty already, so it’s not impossible to believe he would lie about this issue, too.
Wake up and smell the coffee, Larry!

...that is...IF you can smell the coffee over the terrible stench of the death of the Republican party’s Kool-Aid :idea:

Cheers!

Doug

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, Larry, Larry...do you really believe that Trump would not lie about this issue? He’s lied plenty already, so it’s not impossible to believe he would lie about this issue, too.
Wake up and smell the coffee, Larry!

...that is...IF you can smell the coffee over the terrible stench of the death of the Republican party’s Kool-Aid :idea:

Cheers!

Doug

In case you missed it:

(Edit: 'Just heard White House Press Secretary Sanders report that there were SEVERAL admin officials present in the Oval Office (or in whatever room Trump made the call from) when that call was made and THEY say Trump did not make the comment Wilson SAID he had made. So, I hope you won't "cast dispersions" on her statement "just because the deplorable person who uttered the statement" is NOT aligned with your political beliefs...because that "DOES NOT make it untrue". ;))

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
Larry, Larry, Larry...pay attention, we’ve been over this before!

You should not find it surprising that I place more credence with uninterested observers than a bunch of Trumpdylites who are just following the directions of their deplorable boss.

Of course they will say whatever he tells them...Press Secretary Sanders is just like Kelly Ann Conway...puppets on a string that is controlled by thier boss. Neither of them can answer a simple question from the press without restating the question in a manner that allows them to spin-doctor the answer...and Sanders is just as surly in her approach to keeping the public informed as Trump is in his tweets...misguided...bad for the country, really bad...so sad to see it happen to our great country...

See, I can do it, too :thumbsup:

Reality, Larry...it’s a tough row to how, but worth it once you overcome the brainwashing and indoctrination. Try it, you’ll like it!!!

Cheers to you, Larry!

Doug

Last edited:

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
You should not find it surprising that I place more credence with uninterested observers (LOLOLOLOL! "uninterested observers"!) than a bunch of Trumpdylites who are just following the directions of their deplorable boss.

Of course they will say whatever he tells them...Press Secretary Sanders is just like Kelly Ann Conway...puppets on a string that is controlled by thier boss.

(Edit: 'Just heard White House Press Secretary Sanders report that there were SEVERAL admin officials present in the Oval Office (or in whatever room Trump made the call from) when that call was made and THEY say Trump did not make the comment Wilson SAID he had made. So, I hope you won't "cast dispersions" on her [AND THEIR] statement "just because the deplorable person who uttered the statement" is NOT aligned with your political beliefs...because that "DOES NOT make it untrue." ;))

...but, it appears you ARE...even though you admonished ME not to do it. But then, the liberal rule, "do as I SAY and not as I do", applies in situations like this...right?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Political thread - closed...
Please don't do it again.
Thank you..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back