Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
What a bunch of weirdos we have in CA, right?

It's always been a bit different there, though....just seems to be getting worse lately.

Doug

Terry Oxandale

Skinny Man
The whole world is getting worse! I can remember the excellent schools and culture in Topeka throughout my childhood. Now I'm somewhat embarrassed to say I'm from Kansas anymore with all the changes over the last 50 years. Not a single person in my family lives in Kansas anymore, which was sad, but understandable.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
The whole world is getting worse! I can remember the excellent schools and culture in Topeka throughout my childhood. Now I'm somewhat embarrassed to say I'm from Kansas anymore with all the changes over the last 50 years. Not a single person in my family lives in Kansas anymore, which was sad, but understandable.

That might be changing, Terry!

The state has become weary of the financial ruin Sam Brownback brought on it with his "conservative-based" changes...if I had to bet, I'd bet he won't run for re-election and if he does I predict he'll be defeated. He's very UNpopular here these days because of the way he's decimated our state budget (not the least of which is a state Supreme Court ruling that the state does not fund education adequately or equitably and giving them a couple of months to get this corrected. Brownback's response is to ignore the Supreme Court and press for continuation of his already widely recognized fiscal failures.)

We can all hope! I work in education and having done so for almost 40 years I can attest that there are some great teachers here, but they feel hamstrung by Brownback's failure to insist that funding to education be radically changed to meet the requirements of the Supreme Court.

Kansas has always been a very conservative state, but Brownback has exceeded the patience of the most conservative individuals I know.

We can all hope for a better day once Brownback is gone!!!!

Cheers!

Doug

I don't have a clue how it turned political, I found the youtube irresponsible towards very young children. The parents should be ashamed of themselves for subjecting their kids to this.

Doug S.

Lifetime Supporter
I don't have a clue how it turned political

I'd most assuredly be the guilty party this time, Al...Terry mentioned how he remembered the Topeka schools and as I was trying to update him on the educational situation in Kansas I brought up our highly unpopular governor.

Mea Culpa!!!!

I'll try to be more vigilant in my future efforts to make sure political stuff is posted in the Paddock's dedicated "Politics" thread.

Cheers, all!

Doug

As a parent, you have to make decisions all the time about what's good or bad for your children. It's on the parent. Clowns at birthday parties, for example, can be scary or even scarier.

Keith

I used to get a bit wound up about this stuff but then I realised I was giving oxygen to those issues which I thought were better left out of the public eye, so in a way I was just as guilty as those that revelled in publicising such stuff. So now, I quietly huff and ignore it. It probably won't go away but there again I have spolied MY day worrying about it..

It's not just California by the way (although even we as kids in the UK were brought up calling Ca "Cadbury's" i.e. full of Fruit & Nuts" and that's 65+ years ago!), I think every major city in the world has this kind of stuff going on.

Jeff Young

GT40s Supporter
People who voted for a man for President who claimed he could grab women by the pussy because he was famous, and who now denies something like 15 claims of sexual harassment, rape and groping (including from his first ex-wife), have no ability to complain about something like this.

Back