The new Ford GT

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Gentlemen! It looks really cool making it go up and down into "track mode" at Cars & Coffee while wearing Birkenstocks...

End of discussion period!

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
That is true Larry but you should know the GT will be worth at least 10 Casio watch wearing Corvettes on the open market one day. I do enjoy Chips assertion that his V6 GT gets all the attention when parked next to Ferrari 488s at car shows. He would be heart broken if I ever pulled into his local car show in my kit car GT40 ;)

I do enjoy Chips assertion that his V6 GT gets all the attention when parked next to Ferrari 488s at car shows. He would be heart broken if I ever pulled into his local car show in my kit car GT40 ;)

Last year, I was at a local, Wednesday night cruise night(*) with my GT40 when a guy showed up in a brand new Lamborghini. He didn't stick around long. Same thing happened when someone else showed up with a McLaren.

(*) It's a friendly crowd, lots of Detroit iron, a few rat rods. Sometimes a barely streetable dragster shows up. One of the organizers has an E-Type Jag, so there might be a couple of English cars.

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
The easiest way to get into a fight is walking into a bar full of FGT owners and say V6! Prepare to be gang tackled! They are a sensitive bunch...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Last year, I was at a local, Wednesday night cruise night(*) with my GT40 when a guy showed up in a brand new Lamborghini. He didn't stick around long.

Odd you should mention that. My broker showed up at our local 'season opener' car show/cruise in his Lambo Adventador last year and, coincidentally, split within 20 minutes. 'Car garnered very little interest...which kinda baffled me. THAT is a darned nice ride.

Now, that said, my Ford GT also had pretty much been 'shunned' by the same crowd a few years before...and the FGT is supposed to be the "blue collar guy's exotic". But, then again, perhaps the problem had more to do with who the GT's owner was than with the car itself... :gossip:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
I would need to see pictures Larry to believe your GT was ever driven... except in reverse :) In any case you can't be as insufferable as some of those dweebs so it was probably more that they were just shocked to see your car in the wild and not sure how to react.

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
...it was probably more that they were just shocked to see your car in the wild and not sure how to react.

None of them knew I had bought the car until I showed up in it that day. To be frank, for some reason the car instantly put more than a few noses out of joint. 'Dead serious. To say the 'cold shoulder treatment' I got from the local gearheads that day (and at a couple of other local shows shortly thereafter) surprised the heck outta me is an understatement of epic proportions. And most of these guys I'd bantered back-and-forth with for years. Just exactly WHAT their problem was all of a sudden I can only hypothe$ize.

I stopped taking the GT to shows/cruises after that. 'Figured the next thing that might happen would probably be vandalism.

"Woe is me..."

Anyway, eeenuffa this...

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Before reading the article, I knew nothing about it...and after reading the article, I now know even less. I'm assuming it must be another #MeToo thing?

Whether or not Raj keeps his GT will depend on the fine print in the sales agreement...and the quality of his lawyers.

Given what's going on in that whole 'dating' arena these days, I wouldn't wanna even BE dating now. Aside from the obvious transgressions, who knows exactly where 'the line' might be before too long? The group's targets might one day encompass any guy who's ever held hands with or hugged or kissed a few young ladies 'back in the day'...and if it ever does, all normal guys will be in their crosshairs.

Regardless, my own darned self should be safe enough though, since my net worth is under $100 mil...if you get my drift. ;)

Keith

Just spotted this. Not that I mind but is there a reason this is posted in the Paddock?

"Non-Motorhead Discussion" and this definitely is a Motorhead discussion.

Is this a guerilla tactic Mike? Reclaiming "lost territory?" :laugh:

I'm inclined to move it though, just for the heck of it..:evil:

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
Keith, it's more about the similarities between the owners group and the Church of Scientology than it is the car.

Back