Tesla Car in Space!

This is cool. You can see video of Elon Musk's personal Tesla car floating in space.

Live Views of Starman - YouTube

It's cool watching the reflection of the Earth move across the side of the car.

Supposedly Elon Musk said that if anyone retrieves the car, they can keep it.

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Sort of cool but I can’t help but think that a thousand pounds or so of elementary and middle school childrens experiments would have been a very worthwhile payload...

Sort of cool but I can’t help but think that a thousand pounds or so of elementary and middle school childrens experiments would have been a very worthwhile payload...

That would have been cool.

It was the first time they launched the Falcon Heavy. They claimed to have been worried about it blowing up on the pad, so they used the car as a dummy payload.

Speaking about experiments, the Challenger Learning Center is working with astronauts onboard ISS to recreate the experiments Christa McAulliffes was planning to do onboard Challenger.

Astronauts and Challenger Center to Complete Christa McAuliffe’s Lessons – Challenger Center

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
We need a thumbs up or Like button...
Thanks Ben!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
Trust me to be the contrarian, but to me it was a blasphemes waste of a perfectly good car....and a 'spendy' car at that.

'Great publicity stunt...humorous as intended (in a sort of perverted way car guy-wise)...provided stunning 'Earth background' photos...but... :undecided:

'Going to my room now...

Pat

Supporter
When you accidentally use Apple Maps instead of Google.

Attachments

• Musk.jpg
    Musk.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 363
The Tesla car in space is just space garbage serving the ego of a wealthy man. It's also commercial PR for a company and has no scientific value. There you go, you just got the first load of completely unnecessary trash in space in the form of a billboard.

Leaving trash in space is not trivial - it creates potentially lethal objects travelling at high speed, particularly if caught up in orbit....and if it settled down on the surface of a planet with no atmosphere it just sits there...forever....a sign of man's need to litter everywhere including on new worlds. Sad. Sad. Sad.

Back