Calling Old Members

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Hi

Just wondering how many members who used to post regularly still read the forum.

Names that spring to mind
Pete from Down Under along with Jac, Ross, Russ, Brian, who is still getting his car made, Norman, Chris, and loads of others from the last 15 years

American, Lynn Larsen, Faili, Hershall, Rick Merz, Howard who used to organise Calif parties! Chuck and Ryan, Jim Rosenthall etc

UK Paul Thompson, Chris Melisa, Brian Magee, Frank Catt, Paul W, Dave Morton, Keith (I actually know the last two are doing yo yo trips to hospitals but hopefully on the improve)

Then there are the Southern Africans, Andy Louboster, Jackal, Fred with his CanAm

Are you guys still around and reading, if so what will get your posts, humour and knowledge to be shared again?

What allowed you to drift away? What would bring you back?

Ian

I still read, dont post as often and in many cases dont respond to general questions when I feel the person asking could find the answer in a quick search, guess I am saying a feel some recent new members are a tad on the lazy side!:)

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
I still read, dont post as often and in many cases dont respond to general questions when I feel the person asking could find the answer in a quick search, guess I am saying a feel some recent new members are a tad on the lazy side!:)
Thanks Jac
Yes I see you pop up and your knowledge on engines is amazing, though I must say I don’t understand all of it I have learnt a great deal from your knowledge and ability to explain stuff.

Are you in contact with any of the old guys? Russ and Lim? Though I believe he gave up on the 40and went to single seat stuff.

Thanks.

Ian

Ian, No, have not heard from Russ or Lim, last time Russ visited here he mentioned he was intending to relocate and sell the 40 and would list it here on forums, dont recall that happening. No contact with Lim either, but that is not necessarily their fault since Ive not been to a race meet for several years myself. These guys and others do still occasionally visit site though going by their stats.

Ian, you know I am still around, if you look at the bottom line you will see I check posts daily, and answer any help wanted if I can .

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks guys, I was beginning to think I was the only one left still reading here.

Let’s see who else comes out the woodwork!

Cheers
Ian

Still sitting on the side line as well, little Honda powered Lotus 23 is progressing slowly.
cheers John

Malcolm

Supporter
Hi Ian

Still here. Been concentrating on another self build,only its a house extension this time. Poor old GTD been sat for too long unused.

cheers

Malcolm

I still post occasionally and feel a tad presumptuous joining in but I too would love to hear from the likes of Andre and Adam etc again, assuming it is possible.

With much help from (and many thanks to) Kaspa I am currently building a ‘homage to 60s F1’ car based on a Brabham of the era with my kids.
You are a legend John.

I still own my RF GT40.

All the best to Keith, David and anyone else battling health issues.

Tim.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Still here. But here is now Texas. I am a political refugee from the peoples republic of California. Still have the GTD but it has been retired from the track and have since built a SLC for track only.

Still here but have been /still working on a extension of my house and busy with work
Waiting for the day i can start working on my car again

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Guys, I still check in from time to time. I’ve been retired now for three fabulous years and enjoy driving driving the heck out of P/2264, she has been surprisingly dependable and still great fun! We have also been having a great time bringing our Riley Scott Cadillac LMP Car that we found here on this site back to life... not too many more years hopefully she’ll be back on track. We have a Facebook page about this called “LMP In my office” check it out.

Last edited:

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Great to hear about your project, Jim

When you went so quiet I thought you had given it all up.

Will have a look at your face book

Ian

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Hi Guys, I still check in from time to time. I’ve been retired now for three fabulous years and enjoy driving driving the heck out of P/2264, she has been surprisingly dependable and still great fun! We have also been having a great time bringing our Riley Scott Cadillac LMP Car that we found here on this site back to life... not too many more years hopefully she’ll be back on track. We have a Facebook page about this called “LMP In my office” check it out.

Jim,

How many miles on P2264 now? I have often given potential GT40 customers links to your posts for proof that you can really drive a GT as well as SpyderMike's post about driving to LA with the wife, dog and luggage as "long distance" proof!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Jim,

How many miles on P2264 now? I have often given potential GT40 customers links to your posts for proof that you can really drive a GT as well as SpyderMike's post about driving to LA with the wife, dog and luggage as "long distance" proof!

Hi Rick, we have a little over 65k on her, still runs great.

Pat

Supporter
Jim,
Drive it to the Daytona 24 next year. It will be a lot more fun!
Hope you and Frances are enjoying retirement as much as Deb and I are.
See you next year!

Rick Merz

Lifetime Supporter
Ian,

I read the site very often, post when it may be of use and nearing the end of my RCR build. I had back surgery last December and just resumed working on the GT40 last month. I will resume posting about my build in a couple of weeks.

Rick

Charlie Farley

Supporter
Still loitering and beavering away helping customers, both replica and original chassis. Need to update the website badly. Most work now is on restorations and FIA related chassis.

Enjoy logging in regularly to see what peeps are up to.